ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The BA Manager is responsible for supporting the existing applications and managing all phases of application development, including project management, analysis, business process design, functional requirements, functional testing, user acceptance testing, and customer rollout for the Rights Management portfolio. This person will be a central liaison between the internal IT department, 3rd party vendors, and business users operating within the team’s portfolio. The Rights Management portfolio consists of rights and licensing applications supporting primarily the Legal – Production/Development, International Program Sales, Viacom Studios, and Content Distribution divisions. The BA Manager will conduct analysis and other activity to ensure that the solutions provided align with and fully meet the business needs. This position requires a high level of leadership, analysis, relationship management, and multi-tasking.
• Analysis of requirements and issues requires a solid understanding of rights management and/or accounting / financial processes relevant to the Rights Management and Program Sales / Distribution industry.
• Manages and resolves problems for production support and projects by overseeing all issue resolution progress and tracking project milestones. Works to resolve issues and escalates when required to Management so that decisions can be made promptly.
• Manages all rollout activities that are critical for support and making projects successful – user acceptance testing, business training, documentation, user hand holding, etc.
• Leads requirements gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs, often eliciting hidden requirements and/or clarifying vague or unclear requirements. Ensures proper documentation, including use cases, and works with the development leads on their functional specifications ensuring customers / stakeholders approve the documentation.
• Analyzes information requirements that may cross multiple systems.
• Applies thorough understanding of business processes and user needs to formulate and define system scope and objectives.
• Creates workflow diagrams to document current and future business environment.
• Reviews and writes test cases, plans testing cycles, and participates in all testing activities for all project sizes. For larger projects, works with internal QA team on all aspects.
• Manage large sized projects or a portfolio of small projects where there is significant complexity, visibility/priority and risk to the business. Develops project plans and manages risk and change management processes. Manages resources, including allocating, tracking and adjusting utilization, and ensuring all project team members understand and accept their project roles and responsibilities.
• Communicates in written, oral and presentation formats to best represent and express user and organizational requirements to audiences up to senior management of IT and the customer
• Collaborates with senior level users to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems or improve existing processes.
• Manages conflicting needs and can influence / negotiate across the organization and different stakeholders to drive consensus, including commitments to deliverables.
• Effectively and proactively clarifies, sets, and manages customer expectations including delivering tough messages. Delivers balanced and constructive feedback to client and team members throughout the duration of the project including effectively resolving conflict.
• Builds productive networks within IT, internal customers and the vendor community.
• Manages vendors work including chasing deliverables and negotiating to achieve Viacom’s expectations.
• Identifies and resolves obstacles and risks encountered during the project or program and develops mitigation strategies to address them.
• Provides ongoing support to the business by responding to inquiries and system issues, ensuring prompt resolution with minimal impact to business operations. The support requires full analysis of the issues and understanding of the business requirements and process.
• Typical candidate will possess 5 years in Business Analysis / Business Process Reengineering (BPR) and BA/BS degree or equivalent; or MS and 3 years of relevant experience.
• Degree in Computer Science, Technology, or related fields is desired.
• CCBA/CBAP certification is desired.
• PMP/Agile certification is desired.
• Knowledge of one or more of the following systems or applications is highly desired:
• Rights Management / Licensing
• Financial Sub-ledgers
• Contract Management
• 2 years in Project Management
• Entertainment, media or cable, and legal and financial experience preferred
• Strong experience in rights management, accounting, or related systems and processes
• Exceptional communication skills – written, presentation skills, etc.
• Exceptional client handling skills – able to work with all levels within the client portfolio
• Strong ability to multi-task between production support and subject matter analysis of issues, requirements management, testing, project management, and client communication.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver business-oriented solutions, across a portfolio of projects
• Able to successfully manage a complex workload including escalating to management only as required
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Ability to conceptualize current requirements against future plans
• Possesses a high level of knowledge and expertise in the business processes, products and services of various business units and how technology is used as decision support within various business units, and the organization as a whole.
• Proven ability to support Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) and Change Management
• Possesses familiarity with multiple technologies, business analysis tools, development methods and systems, and a basic understanding of programming languages.
• Possesses a strong working knowledge of project management methodologies, tools and techniques.
• Ability to apply the following tools in business analysis and project management tasks: MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint. MS Word.
• Experience with 3rd party packages, custom built solutions, and system integrations required.