ViacomNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/16/2019 9:54:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Associate Engineer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Engineer? Associate Engineer (7 AM - 7 PM Shift)
This is an IT specialized position where the individual is responsible for overseeing several critical areas of Technical Operations in order to ensure the technical integrity of the hybrid baseband video/audio and IT infrastructure of a major Network Operations Center. You will continually evaluate and develop methods to modernize and improve upon Viacom’s Global broadcast IT and infrastructure environments as well as complete specific routine tasks as detailed by the Senior Manager of Technical Support.
• You will provide technical support for all Broadcast Services related infrastructure, traditional playout systems, future virtual video playout systems, and streaming technology to ensure the highest possible levels of technical and operational continuity to the Viacom International Media Networks services and client networks by maintaining core infrastructure and system health, signal path integrity and signal quality throughout. The individual will also play a meaningful role in supporting complex file workflow systems and other highly secure and highly scalable solutions for application systems that are hosted on-prem or in public cloud (Azure, AWS and Google Cloud).
• You have the ability to author well-written user documentation
• You can host virtual training sessions with off-hour schedules to overlap with international teams.
• Ability to use a wide-array of software and hardware tools to analyse and fix network health and the flow of media streams in the baseband and IP domains
• Ability to work both independently and lead a team on assignments and report back on progress
• Adhere to meaningful policies and procedures
• Author advanced scripts and queries to audit and deploy live changes into critical production environment
• Continually absorb feedback supplied from our teams and customers to coverage and automate across all supported areas.
• Ensure completion of all administration and documentation pertaining to work carried out
• You ensure that open faults are logged, resolved or raised, using VIMN incident management software
• Escalate to Engineering Support and Infrastructure, and VIMN Management teams during incidents or loss of services
• Implement and maintain monitoring and alerting for all systems by utilizing the applicable NMS or proprietary software solutions
• Liaise with the Media Engineering to accept new documentation and training
• Perform configuration and troubleshooting of complex broadcast and IT Systems
• Provide on-call support 24 hours per day, 365 per year. Support may entail phone conference, remote support sessions, or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other critical outages impacting Viacom’s systems
• You can respond to technical emergencies; address prompt restoration of network outages
• Strong organizational and planning skills with ability to handle multiple mission critical assignments
• Use of technical drawings and documents to conduct diagnostics while under stress to restore failed systems
• Work closely with Viacom’s L1, L2, L3 teams for ticket escalations as well as to help develop documentation those teams can use for future incidents
• AAS Electrical Engineering, AAS Computer Science or equivalent required, BS Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred
• At least one foundational IT certification required, including but not limited to CCNA, MCP, CompTIA A /Network , VMware Associate
• 5 years’ experience in Information Technology or Broadcast Media environment
• Ability to learn and exhibit engineering-level understanding of a variety of complex broadcast proprietary and IT infrastructure environments
• Deep understanding of business impacted by Broadcast infrastructure
• Driven to complete assigned tasks in allotted time while maintaining detail precision
• Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
• Familiarity with Agile framework and methodology
• Flexible attitude to working practices and current technology
• Knowledge of analog and digital audio/video technologies
• Knowledge of variety of hardware and software technologies, both off the shelf products and custom development
• Knowledge of virtual environments and cloud-based technological offerings, such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, and VMWare VCenter
• Ambitious individual with prior experience working in a high-pressure environment delivering consistently good judgment with critical assignments
• Willingness to learn specific support profiles, with an emphasis on broadcasting and transmission technologies This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.