Assistant Media Planner
Full Time Job
Job Title: Assistant Media Planner
Department: Media Planning
Contract Type: 6 month FTC
Who are we:
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
Who are you:
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
What is the role:
Channel 5 is looking for an Assistant Media Planner to be responsible for assisting the planning and scheduling of all on air campaigns across the Ch5 Network of channels. Also includes assisting in the planning of all navigational elements on the channels.
• Implement the on air media planning strategy across at least one of the Ch5 Network of channels including navigation planning.
• Responsible for the day to day logistics of asset creation, campaign management and asset delivery
• Liaising with 5Creative and Presentation to ensure deliveries and schedule changes are communicated clearly and accurately.
• Input promotional campaigns into Media Machine/What’s On
• Devise a weekly navigational plan to support marketing and programming priorities and liaise with Continuity team to ensure they are briefed in a timely and effective manner
• Schedule promotional campaigns, including cross-promotions, to meet campaign targets, schedule compliance, maximise the schedule and exploit any creative scheduling opportunities
• Work with the Presentation Schedulers to ensure promotional airtime is maximised
• View all promotions prior to delivery to ensure they are correct, compliant and to brief
• Contribute to post campaign evaluations using Techedge Advantedge
• Check daily TX reports and report back when appropriate to ensure minimum errors on the TX logs
• Provide cover for Media Planning when required
What skills do you need:
Experience & Knowledge:
• Proven experience in Media Planning at a broadcaster or media agency.
• Knowledge of and passion for TV and the Channel5 portfolio
• Proven experience and knowledge of using a scheduling system such as Media Machine, IBMS, On Air, What’s On or similar.
• Experience of using research tools such as Techedge
• An understanding of the role of Ofcom regulations and audience research in media planning
• An understanding of junction architecture and presentation scheduling
• Strong PC and systems experience
• An understanding of the role of programming, marketing and navigation within a network broadcaster
• High level of numeracy and exceptional attention to detail
• A strong editorial eye in order to identify and exploit creative opportunities
• The ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
• Work as part of a team
• Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise at all levels
What are the benefits
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
What are our values
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
• Creativity: Push beyond the expected
• Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
• Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
• Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
• Collaboration: Work together as one team
• Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
• Trust: Assume best intentions
• Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
• Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.