Animation Production & Development Manager
This was removed by the employer on 11/4/2020 5:56:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Animation Production & Development Manager jobs in London-UK
Search all Animation Production & Development Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Animation Production & Development Manager? ViacomCBS Networks International,(VCNI) a unit of ViacomCBS Inc., is comprised of many of the world's most iconic consumer brands. Its portfolio includes Network 10, Channel 5, Telefe, Viacom 18, ViacomCBS International Studios, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Pluto TV among others. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, we provide powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents and across more than 180 countries.
Who You Are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!
Provide creative and logistical support and mentorship across projects in development and production within Nickelodeon’s International team. Running all day to day affairs in the development of animated content for Nickelodeon's International team.
• Supporting the VP of Production and Development with their responsibilities as well as any external teams across development and production and ensuring that content achieves strategic objectives for the network.
• Editorial support on content produced for owned and operated platforms, and third-party platforms, with a particular emphasis on scripting and animatic approvals.
• Application of in depth knowledge of the branded content business for the 2-12 audience, maintaining of contact base with the kids global industry (including talent, producers, broadcasters, competitors etc) as well a concrete understanding of the requirements within the domains of development, production and financing of long and short form animated content.
• Supporting the VP with internal pitching of development projects to all applicable LOBs both in terms of new content and renewals.
• Understanding of various platforms and formats with overall focus on maximum exploitation of animated content.
The role includes:
Development and Responsibilities:
• Source IP for development and production for pre-school and school age audiences across traditional and non-traditional platforms.
• Identify, present and pitch distinctive IP and concepts.
• With the VP Animation Production & Development, BALA and Production Management, negotiate deals and contracts for new IP across linear and non-linear platforms.
• With support from VP, negotiate contracts and deal terms with creative talent/new hires.
• Ensure each project fulfils department and brand strategy.
• Assisting VP to assemble and own the strongest creative teams across all projects.
• Produce PowerPoint presentations and provide regular development updates to key partners.
• Produce PowerPoint presentations for series greenlight meetings with key partners.
• Handle the International Shorts Program.
Talent Tracking & Outreach:
• Build and manage relationships, and be a key contact with, international creative team for new programme pitches and ideas, and find opportunities through formal project submissions.
• Proactively identify global new talent (script writers, illustrators, studios, producers) to partner with on shows/concepts.
• Solicit pitches for shorts or series across Nickelodeon, Nick Jr and other O&O and appropriate third-party platforms.
• Form relationships with agents and increase our reach as a network and production division.
• Attend UK animation festivals and comedy events where appropriate.
Reviewing New Material and Coverage:
• Take pitches, review and shortlist content ideas; provide comprehensive coverage for regular review with VP Animation Production & Development.
• Handle submissions assessment and process, provide regular feedback to VP Animation Production & Development, Director Pre-school, Milkshake Acquisitions & Programming Manager and the Global Acquisitions team.
• Establish self as a key point of contact for external creative; maintain ongoing external relationships.
• Meet Literary agents and review client material.
• Meet publishers to discuss new books and possible development.
• Maintain and update all internal documents including screening, reporting and reviewing of materials.
• Provide creative feedback for, and oversight of, animation production to ensure for O&O and third-party audiences whilst upholding the creative values and quality requirements of Nickelodeon and Nick Jr.
• Own the creative process from advising on writing team, creative approval of designs, characters, settings, springboards, premise, outlines, script passes, animatic and final animation, live action rough cuts, voice cast, opening and closing credits
• Lead all aspects of delivery of programme and associated materials to partners.
• Demonstrate strong editorial capacity across all animated productions ensuring quality upholds our brand values.
• Distribute materials and coordinate notes across assigned production projects.
• Update VP on any issues with production and use foresight to pre-empt potential issues.
• Track delivery of production materials and ensure that delivery schedules are kept.
• Read/watch all incoming materials and deliverables, giving editorial notes in line with business objectives.
• Handle aspects of production (creative, practical and financial) pipelines where appropriate.
• Produce PowerPoint presentations and provide regular production updates to key partners.
• Produce PowerPoint presentations for series launch meetings with key lines of business.
What skills do you need:
• Market Knowledge of international children’s content brands: can identify and understand emerging developments in the market.
• Highly organised and proactive, with attention to detail.
• Able to flex on the spot and work in a team environment.
• Can prioritise, plan and organize activities with an ability to meet deadlines and respond to pressure and change.
• Collaboration and influencing: Facilitates collaboration and sense of shared purpose internally and externally and works well within a team.
• Always thinking creatively about new ways of bringing amazing content to audiences.
• Understands how to creatively assess content and provide feedback in line with the target audience; good eye for detail.
• Administration: Ability to work accurately with an excellent attention to detail and a great editorial eye.
• The ability to build and develop relationships quickly with a variety of individuals
• Tough, adaptable and resilient and able to work with robust personalities
• Ability to communicate effectively with the team both oral and written and communicate to a wide range of partners.
• Experience in the children’s industry, preferably in school age scripted animation development and production.
• Demonstrable experience of script editing and assessment.
• Experience delivering high-quality programmes within production, development and/or broadcast platform.
• Knowledge of ViacomCBS Kids’ brands and current output and competitor platforms.
• Working knowledge of broadcasting research and analysis.
• Working knowledge of the importance of rights issues, the broadcasting regulations and the legal aspects of contracts, copyright and clearances in respect to television programme development and production.
• Experience in handling external suppliers and producers.
• Good I.T. Skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Final Draft. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.