Viacom International Media NetworksMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
VP position for the handling of the business and legal affair matters for ViacomCBS Networks America handling Latin America, US Hispanic and Canada. This role will be responding to the needs of the company, including the following areas: channel and content distribution and licensing (linear and non-linear), adjacent and emerging business and multiplatforms, Viacom International Studio multiregional deals, Ad Sales supported business and partnerships, Corporate Governance; and scale growth company opportunities via M&A.
Duties will include the following:
• Structure, draft and negotiate:
• third party agreements related to multiplatform content distribution;
• business and legal matters for adjacent and emerging business;
• commercial agreements, including Viacom International Studio agreements, writer or talent related agreements, co-production agreements, license agreements, content acquisition agreements as well as other ancillary documentation;
• Oversee the review of agreements to provide analysis on available right and restrictions,
• Advise and act as a liaison with internal team by providing counsel; preparing rights, regulatory and overall legal analyses, including for new media/emerging platforms;
• Working and coordinating with BALA members; Counseling multiple client groups on a wide variety of legal matters;
• Advise and counsel client groups representing ViacomCBS Networks Americas platforms, including responsibility for, or key involvement in, developing and implementing policies, practices and strategic initiatives across teams.
• Manager role that leads all aspects of some associate and counsel roles in Miami and in the region.
• J.D. and minimum of 8 years of experience in a large law firm and/or media company experience required. Experience with Latin America markets preferred.
• US Bar membership required
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish
• Have comprehensive knowledge of contract law and intellectual property rights, as well as a mastered capability for research, analysis and reasoning is required
• Poses strong drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
• Have sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to lead multifaceted matters with conflicting deadlines.
• Proven ability to identify, prioritize and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively and communicate same to all levels of the organization
• Have excellent judgment and social skills in a team environment.
• Be an analytical and independent problem solver acting with integrity.
• Excellent analytic, communication and organizational skills.
• Strong people management skills!
• Ability to work flexible and/or long hours when necessary.
• Able to travel domestically and internationally.
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180 countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.