Senior Analyst, Marketing Partner & Insights
Viacom International Media NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
Marketing & Partner Insights (MPI) team is a division of Advanced Advertising that is charged with making the consumer connection with Viacom’s varied audiences across all platforms by providing expertise in many segments including Kids, Teens, Millennials, GenX, Moms, LGBTQ, Multiculturals, Families and more. We specialize in studies, surveys, data sets, forecasting and metrics that help clients further their knowledge of targets, engagement and ad effectiveness.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing & Partner Insights, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for supporting the research needs of all Viacom brands, with a SPECIALTY IN VIACOM KID’S BRANDS (NICK, NICK JR., TEENNICK, NICKTOONS) for our sales and marketing teams and for supporting key research projects and initiatives across the portfolio. This position will support teams in multiple regions, and will specializes in insights, culture and trends across consumer categories.
• Utilize cross-platform viewership data (linear, digital, and social) to create thoughtful and innovative audience analyses in order to best position and distinguish our networks in the marketplace
• Be a story finder and a story teller, developing innovative and insightful initiatives that competitively position and distinguish Viacom on-air and digital brands in the marketplace
• Create custom analyses such as duplication, audience reach, reallocation as well as individual show performance reports
• Handle regular weekly and quarterly channel performance reports and competitive analyses
• Create custom PowerPoint presentations and one-sheets using a variety of proprietary and syndicated resources
• Utilize creative data visualization techniques to showcase research stories in a fresh and thought provoking way for key internal clients
• Keep on top of Industry trends and key consumer insights
• Support Director/Managers on additional projects as necessary
• 2 years’ experience in media or consumer research. Experience in kids and family space desired.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with media estimates a plus
• Knowledge of media metrics/math and measurement methodologies
• Proficiency in Nielsen systems and measurements (Nielsen TV Toolbox, Star Media, Lake 5), as well as digital experience (Omniture, Comscore, @Plan)
• Experience utilizing wide variety of syndicated resources and tools (MRI, YouGov, Iconoculture, Kantar)
• Interest and awareness in various aspects of kids programming, culture, and trends
• Highly organized, strong attention to detail, ability to work in fast-paced environment and multitask
• Related college degree preferred
• Experience with R or Python a plus
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. Viacom brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180 countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.