Rights System Reporting Manager
Viacom International Media NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling entertainment content (including television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, games, consumer products, podcasts, live events and social media experiences) for audiences in 183 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, VH1, TV Land, CMT, Logo, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina), Colors (India) and Paramount Channel, reach approximately 4.3 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide.
Do you love working on a deadline driven team? Do you enjoy providing solutions that could impact an organization? If so, this Rights System Reporting Manager position could be the role for you!
The Global Rights Out Management Team (part of VIMN Business Affairs / Legal Affairs [BALA]) is a critical service department at Viacom that reviews, analyses, and enters third-party worldwide television licensing agreements into the Rights Management System (RMS). Our team provides availability and sales reports for global groups, which impacts sales of Viacom content across the world, as well as responds to specific requests regarding exploitation rights, obligations, and restrictions for various programming.
We are seeking a Reporting Manager to join our Team. This position will be responsible for all aspects of Sales and Availability Reporting from Viacom’s Rights Management System (RMS) and will work with internal and external support staff, including the RMS vendor.
• Review and document all program licensing reporting needs, including requirements gathering, production roll-out and ongoing support
• Test, document and analyze reporting functionality to ensure accurate calculations of data, log defects and test system fixes
• Devise, implement and manage process and procedures around reporting (creating and maintaining manuals, and implementing processes for information requests)
• Function as an expert in reporting and serve as the “go-to person” for training of other staff, questions and issues
• Prepare progress reports and presentations to deliver to Senior Management
• Analyze and enter different types of contracts and contractual terms into the RMS system for reporting purposes
• Work with US-based Rights In team, International and US Legal, Business and support teams to coordinate and progress Viacom’s systematic rights management reporting goals
• College degree
• 3 years rights analysis, and/or contract and rights management system experience
• Great teammate who is flexible and can adapt to changing priorities
• Excellent communication, administrative, analytical and organizational skills
• Computer and database literate (Microsoft Office, eDocs, RightsLogic Media (RMS) or equivalent)
• Detail oriented, with the ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous responsibilities
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with internal personnel and external contacts
• Familiarity with UAT system testing and logging defects
• Proven ability to work in a demanding environment, across time zones
• Ability to communicate priorities and needs internally as well as externally
• Client-first attitude and ability to be service oriented
• Desire and willingness to learn new skills
• Self-motivated with a positive professional attitude
• Entertainment Industry experience preferred