Director, Product Experience Management
Viacom International Media NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Global Products & Platforms team is responsible for the conception, development, and delivery of digital products in support of Viacom’s portfolio of domestic and international networks. Available in over 180 countries, Viacom’s iconic brands include BET, Channel 5, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Telefe and many others.
The Content Platform is a division of the Global Product & Platforms team that defines the strategy and handles the content supply chain of products from registration to all points of distribution.
The Director will own Viacom’s core Experience Management product that powers all Viacom-owned-and-operated products globally: websites, apps and emerging platforms. The position requires broad experience in the content management field with the ability to identify, use and motivate global matrix teams to deliver results.
You will demonstrate management and leadership skills that are highly reciprocal. You will run and execute on the business goals of numerous partners at all levels: Web & App Product Management, Operations, Brand Strategy, Production, new Viacom acquisitions, etc.
As this position is on a global team, it will be necessary to adjust working hours to accommodate meetings in other time zones.
In this role, you will:
• Partner with key team members to understand current and future consumer experiences, data modeling challenges, and subsequently devise scalable solutions for the Experience Management product
• Own product roadmap, managing and stabilizing partner priorities against resource availability
• Collaborate with multiple delivery teams, including internal and external engineering, operations, support and other product leads to develop requirements and user stories that deliver the best possible experience for leading and enriching content easily while automating repetitive publishing tasks
• Ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, trade-offs and new opportunities with engineering team members
• Ensure that all new features are evaluated, tested and deployed according to your vision and quality standards
• Anticipate conflicting needs and dependencies, including interdependencies with other initiatives and product teams, and dedicatedly resolve them
• Define metrics and systems to track product performance, and then clearly communicate performance and usage data to evaluate and prioritize the roadmap
• Navigate and negotiate through complex business and technology relationships
• Provide regular status reports and presentations to management and partners about strategic direction and product deliverables
• As needed, handle product managers, business analysts and UX designers
• 7 years of meaningful product management experience
• 4 years of management experience
• Expert in Adobe Experience Manager
• Familiarity with enterprise-class content management systems, strategies, vendors and the industry as a whole
• Experience working within a global media company is helpful
• Agile/iterative product development methodology
• MBA or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent relationship-management with customers, peers, and executives
• Strong quantitative and qualitative skills