Line Producer - Viacom Digital Studios
Viacom Digital StudiosHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Viacom Digital Studios (VDS), a premier team at Viacom, is a leading digital content studio focused on young mobile viewers. Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.
Overview and Responsibilities
Viacom Digital Studios is seeking an experienced Line Producer to join the digital studios arm of Nickelodeon. Top candidates will demonstrate a passion for digital video production and have a proven track record managing a robust slate of original programming including: animation, documentary, studio, live, scripted and reality and a wide range of budgets. Must have extensive experience and knowledge of the regulations governing working with and around minors.
The Nick Digital Studios Line Producer will be the Production Management brand lead, leading all aspects of each project from its earliest starting point through to delivery. LP must have an acute understanding of the digital landscape and experience in producing content distributed via YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram, O&O sites and apps, as well as other emerging platforms.
Candidates will have a history partnering with Development Execs and be able to drive conversations around feasible video executions within budgetary parameters. Must have field physical production experience, a positive disposition and appreciation for challenge. This is a hands-on role and the Line Producer must be prepared to “do” as well as “oversee”.
This position reports to the West Coast Director, PM, Viacom Digital Studios.
• Serve as production management point for all Nick VDS projects
• Partner with Nick Development leads and video producers to execute savvy content that is of the highest quality possible
• Drive fiscal content budget as well as individual project budgets – must be an expert in crafting production plans from nothing
• Draft and reviews budgets and schedules, track and project final budgets, and review all wrap materials
• Oversee assignments of internal staff and freelancers working on Nick projects
• Hire crew, safety, locations, equipment, etc. on a project basis for all internal and 3rd party executions
• Track and oversee payment and coordination with talent in conjunction with the internal talent team
• React quickly in a fast-paced production environment and demonstrate pragmatic problem-solving skills
• Implement all logistical, legal, technical and financial aspects of physical production for Nick VDS content. Collaborates with internal and external teams on project-specific needs pertaining to BALA, MML, IPLIT, Labor and Employment, Production Risk, International Relations, Government Relations and Safety
• Learn Viacom Policy & Procedure and build productive working relationships with finance, legal, talent, technical, and support departments
• Work autonomously without oversight from production executives
• Communicate effectively with senior executives and keep business partners up to date on project status
• Understand when to elevate issues that require senior oversight or have broader company implications
• Manage and mentor junior production personnel
• Strategize new and improved ways of doing business and champion change
• College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 7 years of experience required with both field production experience AND network/broadcast and/or production company history
• Experience line producing for new media platforms required
• Strong knowledge of leading digital platforms and emerging technology
• Willingness to travel and availability for some nights/weekend shoots/events
• Skilled in Movie Magic budgeting required