Coordinator, Social Media- VH1
VH1New York, NY
Full Time Job
Can’t live without refreshing your Instagram feed every 5 minutes and updating your phone whenever that notification bubble pops up? Do you love creating GIFs and memes? Are Love & Hip Hop, Black Ink Crew, RuPaul’s Drag Race and Basketball Wives a few of your favorite things? Great, we’re looking for you to join us!
VH1 is hiring a Social Media Coordinator as part of its growing focus in the social space. The role will include driving social media efforts on the shows team, including helping define VH1’s programming priorities social voice, building content calendars, leading internal deliveries and publishing day-to-day content as well as raising awareness of our shows through cross-platform social media content.
• You will write social copy that is on-brand and representative of VH1 shows, as well as the ability to create clear calls to action and convey marketing initiatives in social posts
• You will create content calendars to optimize posting across all social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• You will publish content to all social platforms using both native platform publishing as well as 3rd party tools like Sprinklr
• You will produce forward-thinking social content including short-form video, memes, infographics, gifs, etc.
• Reporting and Analysis: Own social reports on day-to-day and campaign-based metrics, as well as have an acute awareness of fan sentiment/response
• You will seek opportunities for emerging social platforms based on key insights and propose new ways to succeed in social media as a result
• Passion for Pop Culture, Social Media & TV
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1-2 years experience in the digital communication space
• Design and editing skills including Photoshop and Premiere
• Copywriting skills as well as skilled background and understanding of brand tone of voice
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and multitasking in constantly evolving social space
• Strong organizational skills & communication skills working with internal departments and 3rd party partners