VentanarosaLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/26/2021 1:42:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Search for Development Executive jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Development Executive postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Development Executive? Ventanarosa is looking for a Development Executive for Film and Series who will be responsible for soliciting, ideating, creating, and developing television series and features for the US and LATAM markets.
In 1998, Salma Hayek launched her first production through Ventanarosa of Gabriel Garcia Marquez' adaption of No One Writes to the Colonel which competed in the Official Selection at the Cannes Film Festival. Other highlights include Frida (2 Oscar wins), The Maldonado Miracle (Emmy for Outstanding Directing in a Children/Youth/Family Special for Hayek), Ugly Betty (Emmy, Golden Globe and Peabody Award Winner) and the Animated Movie Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet (Annie Nomination, Best Animated Feature). There are currently numerous projects in development and the second season of TV series Monarca airs this December on Netflix.
COVID-19 notice: While we are abiding by state safety guidelines with regards to COVID-19 and are working remotely, applicants must be LA based or willing to relocate to LA when returning to the office at some point next year.
What you'll do:
• Develop and execute original programming for network clients.
• Find and create new ideas, for series, features, and documentaries.
• Oversee creation of pitch materials including paper, decks, and sizzle reels
• Build and maintain relationships with producers, filmmakers, directors, and production companies.
• Pitch ideas to Networks and other buyers.
• Communicate the development strategy to the creative and network community.
• Work closely with independent producers, agents, managers, production company reps, talent, and internal storytellers to source, develop, package, sell, and produce original programming.
What you'll bring:
• Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience with a network or production company of related experience.
• Minimum of 7 years working in television series or feature development or related experience.
• Knowledge of and interest in LATAM programming.
• Comfortable in a high-growth, highly dynamic business environment.
• Willingness to travel and have flexibility with nontraditional hours.
• A self-starter, who is assertive, enthusiastic, and highly motivated.
• Strong relationships with Content Buyers, Agents, Producers, and Managers and writers in the US and LATAM.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
• Strong storytelling and excellent written English skills.
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high energy environment.
Team player who works well with others.
Spanish speakers strongly encouraged to apply.
More about Ventanarosa:
Ventanarosa looks to tell the stories that are not being told. We are passionate about diversity and reinforcing the female point of view. Our focus is on multilingual projects with roots in the LatinX world, as well as female-driven narratives with a unique perspective. We aim to never reinforce stereotypes and look to expand the cultural media landscape by moving from local programming to global programming.
Ventanarosa is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Ventanarosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.