Intern - Music Management
Velvet Hammer Music and Management GroupWest Hollywood, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
**Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent Stay-at-Home Order, the internship will likely begin by working remotely and transitioning to the physical office if/when the order is lifted. Interviews will be conducted via phone/video chat**
• MUST BE ENROLLED IN COLLEGE AND BE ABLE TO RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDIT. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR RESUME.
• Must have a high technical aptitude working with Internet, software applications, and web research.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, multi-task abilities, and a team-player attitude.
• Music industry background preferred.
• Must be very knowledgeable working different social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
• Must be comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have your own car with a valid driver's license, and proof of car insurance.
• Must have your own laptop computer.
• Must be dog friendly (we have office dogs).
• Must be able to intern at least two days a week from 10:00AM-5:00PM.
• Must provide proof of school credit or enrollment confirmation and internship approval from your college.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but is not limited to):
• Assist managers with creative marketing strategies and implementation, as well as promote various projects/artists through social media.
• Create spreadsheets that organize your various assigned projects and tasks.
• Track each of our clients' social media, and use the information to better inform marketing strategies
• Research different facets of various projects relating to clients.
• Research new and up and coming artists across all genres.
• Staying abreast of best practices regarding new social media platforms, and trends in the industry.
• General office related tasks: running errands, making copies etc.
• Assist managers with the day-to-day tasks encompassed in artists relations
_Velvet Hammer Music and Management Group, a boutique artist management company located in West Hollywood, California, is seeking intuitive, detail oriented, self-starters who are resourceful and can think on their feet. We are currently seeking motivated, hard-working, and enthusiastic interns for the Summer 2020 session who are looking to gain experience in music management and work directly with our managers. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a unique company culture and work with a dynamic staff, as our office is both intimate and friendly, but also constantly busy. Our current client roster includes System Of A Down, AFI, Deftones, Alice In Chains, Korn, Smashing Pumpkins, Code Orange, and more_
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online