Video Producer / Editor
VarietyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Variety is seeking a Video Producer/Editor to work across various series. This multifaceted video expert will be able to edit videos on tight turnarounds, field produce content as needed, and coordinate with senior producers to facilitate shoots in and out of the office.
This person will be able to work in an extremely fast-paced environment and be passionate about everything entertainment news-based. From video content for social media strategies to developing regular content to shooting original video virtually or in our studios, the Video Producer/Editor will help grow our video footprint in the digital space in many formats. This role will be able to quickly edit video, create and/or manipulate custom graphics, and package content into dynamic short form pieces. Fluency in both emerging and longstanding social/video platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat and Facebook are essential.
The ideal candidate should have a track record of producing and collaborating on original high production value content video. We aim to create video content that engages our audience across our variety of brands and a multitude of platforms. This role reports to the head of Supervising Producer and is based in New York City (or Los Angeles).
• Produce video that is conceived for the web - .com, YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
• Work with our video team and various brand leaders to fill the growing demand for video content surrounding events, award ceremonies, and more
• Write, shoot and edit high quality video that suits the needs of the brand
• Manage on-location shoots, sets, and crews
• Manage multiple productions and ensure on-time delivery
• Record and edit weekly podcasts (video and audio).
• Experience creating and managing the production of premium digital video
• Background in entertainment, news, fashion or similarly related digital consumer media
• Thorough and current understanding of video distribution in a fast-paced environment
• A track record of producing premium, high-visibility video for large-scale audiences
• Fluency in core video social platforms; proficiency with Youtube's CMS, best practices a plus
• Ability to work efficiently across multiple events, platforms, and stakeholders
• A track record of coming up with solutions for logistical challenges
• Fluency with the Adobe Video Suite, Premiere is a must, Photoshop/Illustrator are a plus, After Effects is a big plus
• Familiarity with Canon, Sony, Black Magic digital cinema, DSLR and mirrorless cameras
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Variety is the seminal voice in the entertainment industry. After 117 years of award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights, and intelligent analysis of the industry’s most prominent players, Variety is the most trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, aspirants and passionate entertainment enthusiasts, Variety’s multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print, podcasts, branded content, events, and summits.
In May 2019, Variety’s “Actors on Actors” on PBS took home a Daytime Creative Arts Emmy award and has been awarded the Emmy for best entertainment programming at the 67th and 68th Emmy Awards. “Actors on Actors,” an interview special that features pairings of prominent actors discussing their craft, was produced by PBS SoCal in partnership with Variety Media, LLC. Follow Variety on Facebook facebook.com/variety; Twitter, @variety; Instagram, @Variety The Variety Group – Variety, Variety.com, Variety Insight, Indiewire,– is owned by Variety Media, LLC, a division of Penske Media Corporation.
About Penske Media Corporation:
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.