VarietyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Supervising Producer (Editorial Video)
The Supervising Producer oversees the Editorial Video Content team, directs the development and execution of original short-form series and formats, leads cross-departmental communications on behalf of the video department, and oversees the budget for all editorial content.
The Supervising Producer manages and nurtures a team of editors and producers to create platform-appropriate video to help drive KPIs including native social video views, YouTube subscriber growth and views, overall channel growth and brand value/relevance.
This person interacts and coordinates with the social media, magazine editorial, events and Variety Content Studio production teams to develop complementary concepts and formats while being available to answer questions and establish the tone of the Editorial Video Department.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Help craft, update and distribute creative briefs to all relevant parties for each project. Review briefs to make sure all details are included to move forward with the project. (Shoot plans, ideation pitches, etc)
• Have a deep background in live action production and postproduction
• Have an expertise in production resources and facilities for all aspects of production.
• Work closely with the Production Supervisor in creating a production schedule for projects. This includes script development, shoot dates, edit, graphics and audio dates.
• Work with other departments to manage entire process, ensuring all schedules adhere to defined budget and timeline.
• Manage cross-departmental communications to ensure proper planning for tentpole events throughout the year.
• Know full status of all projects at all times. Regularly check in with all relevant parties to ensue any issues are flagged early
• Determine which editorial events should be covered based on newsworthiness as well as budgetary constraints
• Revise scripts/treatment/ideas of each project, identify issues and come up with solutions to same
• Regularly check in with department colleagues, producers, clients, etc. to identify issues, develop solutions and implement methods of improving workflow to ensure an efficient and positive work environment/positive morale
• Establish responsibilities and expectations for direct reports including setting goals and evaluating work performance on a quarterly basis as well as outlining a clear career path
• Delegate projects to team or to freelancers when applicable and ensure they are executed to Variety's standards
• Reports to VP, Video
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Now celebrating its 116th year anniversary, Variety is the seminal voice of the entertainment industry. Featuring award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights and intelligent analysis of the industry’s most prominent players, Variety is the trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, Variety’s multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print and branded content, events and summits.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.