Social Media Editor
VarietyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/1/2021 2:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Social Media Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Social Media Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Social Media Editor?
Full Time Job
Variety: Social Media Editor
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate these are unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Variety Media is seeking a talented and dynamic Social Media Editor to join our team in our West LA headquarters. Reporting to the Editor of Variety.com, the Social Media Editor will be responsible for increasing traffic, raising the brand's profile and building a loyal following on various social media networks. Collaboration and a goal-driven work ethic will be key in this fast-paced role, which will require creative social media posting and angles with a quick turnaround.
• Responsible for managing Variety's suite of social media accounts
• Grow number of followers and traffic from social media
• Provide regular reports on follower growth and traffic growth
• Cover live events on social media
• Develop and execute a consistent voice for the brand on social
• Schedule Facebook video and Twitter video
• Identify and develop new and emerging social media platforms
• Contribute to marketing campaigns to raise profile of brand
• Monitor trending content on social media
• Develop daily Instagram stories
• 3 years of experience in social media required
• Ability to balance editorial and marketing initiatives
• Deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok
• Ability to create and fulfill reports
• Knowledge of social media analytics metrics and tools
• Willingness to work some nights and weekends to cover award shows and live events
• Familiarity of email and digital marketing campaigns
• Passion for social media and audience acquisition
• Proven ability to grow a loyal following on social media
Now celebrating its 115th year anniversary, Variety is the seminal voice of the entertainment industry. Featuring award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights and intelligent analysis of the industry's most prominent players, Variety is the trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, Variety's multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print and branded content, events and summits. Variety's parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.