Social Media Coordinator
VarietyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Variety Media LLC, is seeking a talented and dynamic Social Media Coordinator to join our team in our newly renovated West LA offices. Reporting to the Editor of Variety.com, the Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for increasing traffic, raising the brand’s profile and building a loyal following on various social media networks. Collaboration and a goal-driven work ethic will be key in this fast-paced role.
• Help manage Variety’s suite of social media accounts
• Grow number of followers, platform engagement and traffic from social media
• Cover live events on social media
• Maintain a consistent voice for the brand on social
• Contribute to marketing campaigns to raise brand profile
• Monitor trending content on social media
• 1 years of experience in social media required. Newsroom experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to balance daily editorial content, breaking news and marketing initiatives
• Deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok
• Willingness to work some nights and weekends to cover award shows and live events
• Proficiency with the Adobe Suite, namely Photoshop and InDesign
• Strong news judgment and the ability to quickly identify a story’s key information
• Passion for social media and audience acquisition
• Proven ability to grow a loyal following on social media
• Interest in all facets of the entertainment business, from upcoming film releases to key executives
• Knowledge of online culture and humor and the ability to quickly engage with trending topics
This position pays $25/hr.
As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. The total compensation package for this position will include other elements including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits.
Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Variety is the seminal voice in the entertainment industry. After 117 years of award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights, and intelligent analysis of the industry’s most prominent players, Variety is the most trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, aspirants and passionate entertainment enthusiasts, Variety’s multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print, podcasts, branded content, events, and summits.
In May 2019, Variety’s “Actors on Actors” on PBS took home a Daytime Creative Arts Emmy award and has been awarded the Emmy for best entertainment programming at the 67th and 68th Emmy Awards . “Actors on Actors,” an interview special that features pairings of prominent actors discussing their craft, was produced by PBS SoCal in partnership with Variety Media, LLC. Follow Variety on Facebook facebook.com/variety; Twitter, @variety; Instagram, @Variety The Variety Group – Variety, Variety.com, Variety Insight, Indiewire,– is owned by Variety Media, LLC, a division of Penske Media Corporation.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. www.PMC.com.