VarietyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Variety: Junior Designer
Variety is seeking a passionate and energetic Junior Designer to join our marketing team in our West Los Angeles headquarters. This role will work with the team to promote our redesigned and re-imagined weekly magazine and website and will interact on a daily basis with our Sales, Marketing, Events, Conferences and Circulation teams. This position is responsible for developing and executing original design concepts and overseeing multiple design and production projects simultaneously. This role offers an exciting opportunity to conceptualize and execute bold ideas in both print and digital.
Candidates must provide portfolio when applying to be considered.
On the marketing team, the Junior Designer will work on my projects that will include design and branding; production; print ads, web ads, banner ads; PowerPoint decks; media kits, sell sheets; Microsites; E-blasts; invitations; logo creation; printed signage; Features promotion; advertorials
• Prior internship(s) or 1-3 years of experience.
• Strong conceptual thinker who is prolific with ideas.
• Ego-free. Invites feedback and knows how and when to defend design choices.
• Have a strong understanding of, and passion for, typography and design principles.
• Must have solid organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with pixel-perfect execution from beginning to completion.
• Have a willingness to work the hours necessary to meet deadlines.
• Inspires passion, dedication, and excellence from others.
• Take risks in design, pushes past the obvious and makes something outstanding.
• Strong grasp of creative and production processes.
• Adobe Creative Suite skills.
Now celebrating its 117th year anniversary, Variety is the seminal voice of the entertainment industry. Featuring award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights and intelligent analysis of the industry’s most prominent players, Variety is the trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, Variety’s multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print and branded content, events and summits.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. www.PMC.com.