This was removed by the employer on 6/15/2021 6:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for International Reporter jobs in London-UK
Search all International Reporter postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an International Reporter? Variety: International Reporter
Variety is looking for a seasoned journalist to cover the film, television and streaming businesses in the U.K. We're seeking a pro-active reporter and an extremely strong writer with knowledge of the entertainment business, who can hit the ground running and is willing to work hard to expand their sources within the industry, particularly executives, producers, filmmakers and agents. The ideal candidate will have strong relationships at organizations that include the British Film Institute, BAFTA and the British Film Commission, among others, and have a wide-ranging knowledge of local broadcasters and film studios, as well as a keen understanding of the streaming world and its major players, such as Netflix, out of the U.K.
This individual must focus on breaking significant news on a consistent basis ahead of the competition and know how to work sources to secure exclusives as much as possible. The candidate will also be expected to travel to and cover major festivals throughout the calendar year when it is safe to do so.
Reporting into the international editor, the role will be based in London, England.
• Foster strong contacts in film, television and streaming
• Break impactful news on an ongoing basis
• Pitch, deliver and post several daily reported news stories from a network of sources
• Research and report long-lead features for the web and print magazine
• Provide copy-editing assistance for web stories
• Travel to and cover major international film and TV festivals including Cannes, Berlin, Venice, MipTV and Mipcom (when safe to do so)
• Moderate and participate in panels, masterclasses and Q&As for which Variety is invited to participate, either in person or online
• Assist in the web maintenance and curation of the Global hub on Variety.com
• At least three-plus years of professional editorial experience in a digital newsroom
• Strong understanding of the business of film and TV (production, distribution, exhibition and streaming) with solid contacts in all fields
• Ability to analyze, interpret and break hard news
• Proven track record of exclusive news stories and features
• Collaborative, strong team player
• Interest in reporting stories with a social agenda, highlighting underrepresented communities and causes and employing diverse sourcing
• Positive, self-starting attitude and willingness to learn
• Strong networking skills
• University graduate
• (Recommended) Sound understanding of social media and existing profile online This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.