Features & Executive Associate
VarietyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/1/2023 3:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Features & Executive Associate jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Features & Executive Associate postings
Full Time Job
Premier entertainment resource, Variety, is hiring a sharp and detail-oriented Features & Executive Associate to support Variety's Sales and Marketing team in Los Angeles. This position works across publishing and editorial, working closely with Variety’s CEO/Group Publisher, COO/CMO and features department. Ideal candidates will have relevant internship, school, and job experience, as well as excellent organizational skills, multi- tasker, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, communications skills, and an eagerness to learn.
This position is perfect for you if you are passionate about the business of entertainment. This is a full time, entry-level position. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should be detail-oriented and independent workers who thrive in a highly fast paced environment and want to learn the ins and outs of the entertainment industry.
• Research advertising opportunities tied to features and all entertainment industry milestones
• Management and distribution of Variety’s editorial calendar
• Uncover and track feature opportunities across all platforms, film, TV, music, theater and new media
• Manage and update features database
• Work across internal departments to communicate features opportunities and collaborate on marketing collateral
• Oversee magazine distribution for 200 domestic and international industry events
• Transcribe meeting notes and distribute to team
• Schedule appointments and maintain calendars for the CEO/Group Publisher and COO/CMO
• Make travel arrangements such as booking cars, flights and making hotel and restaurant reservations for CEO/Group Publisher and COO/CMO
• Handle expense reports for CEO/Group Publisher and COO/CMO
• Greet and assist office visitors
• 1-2 years of experience in the entertainment industry preferred; recent grads welcome to apply
• Experience providing administrative support to multiple senior executives
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to be able to work with multiple departments, all levels of the business, and external individuals
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Strong writing and editing skills
• A professional and articulate phone manner
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time within a fast-paced environment
• Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
• A positive attitude
Typical wage range: $64,500-64,500
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Variety is the seminal voice in the entertainment industry. After 117 years of award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights, and intelligent analysis of the industry’s most prominent players, Variety is the most trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, aspirants and passionate entertainment enthusiasts, Variety’s multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print, podcasts, branded content, events, and summits.
In May 2019, Variety’s “Actors on Actors” on PBS took home a Daytime Creative Arts Emmy award and has been awarded the Emmy for best entertainment programming at the 67th and 68th Emmy Awards. “Actors on Actors,” an interview special that features pairings of prominent actors discussing their craft, was produced by PBS SoCal in partnership with Variety Media, LLC. Follow Variety on Facebook facebook.com/variety; Twitter, @variety; Instagram, @Variety The Variety Group – Variety, Variety.com, Variety Insight, Indiewire,– is owned by Variety Media, LLC, a division of Penske Media Corporation.
About Penske Media Corporation:
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Artforum, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good https://pmc.com/.