Executive Editor, TV
VarietyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/14/2021 2:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Executive Editor, TV jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Executive Editor, TV postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Editor, TV?
Full Time Job
Variety: Executive Editor, TV
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Variety, the definitive voice of the entertainment industry, is hiring an Executive Editor, TV in our West Los Angeles newsroom. We are seeking an editor who has at least 5 years of experience as a reporter and/or editor focused on covering the television industry and the business of entertainment in a fast-paced newsroom environment, print or digital.
The ideal candidate needs to have deep relationships and sourcing across the entertainment and media businesses with top showrunners, producers and senior executives and managers at the streamers, studios, networks, talent agencies, entertainment law firms and management companies.
• Write and report hard-hitting business news stories about the largest entertainment and media conglomerates and related businesses
• Break exclusive, high-impact business and media news
• Follow the entertainment and business 24/7 news cycle for breaking stories
• Work with senior editors to plan coverage for on the fly stories and for digital and print platforms
• Manage a team of 5-7 reporters and assign, edit and schedule stories for print and digital platforms
• Work with senior editors to plan coverage including packaging of cover stories
• Represent Variety and its coverage across the content spectrum and in media appearances outside Variety
• Participate in the planning and execution of Variety's live events strategy around TV and recruit high-level talent for Variety summits and events
Recognized and respected throughout the world as the definitive voice of the entertainment industry, Variety has been the premier source of entertainment news for over a century. Since 1905, the most influential leaders and decision makers in entertainment have turned to Variety for timely, credible and straightforward news, analysis and perspective - taking our readers behind the cameras, curtains and screens of film, television, theatre and digital media with our unique, award-winning combination of breaking news reporting, insightful deep dive think pieces and engaging, must-read feature spotlights. Variety's commitment to our community- covering its successes and failures in equal measure- is unparalleled both domestically, in our US entertainment capitals, and abroad, across the rapidly changing international entertainment landscape.