Director Of Production
VarietyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/28/2023 9:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Director Of Production jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director Of Production postings
Full Time Job
The Director of Production is responsible for producing video content for all live media event productions, livestreams, and virtual summits in coordination with the video, sales, and marketing leadership. This role will be the bridge between the Events & Live Media team, Editorial Video & Newsroom teams, across Variety’s 70 annual events.
PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family.
The Director of Production is a new role at Variety that will lead a team of external vendors and Variety in-house video staff to create a cohesive and seamless experience for Variety, Variety event attendees, Event Sponsors, Key Stakeholders, and the entire production crew.
• Provide detailed estimates on video production costs to the Events & Live Media team based on Event technical requirements and sold deliverables
• Plan out production for each Live Media Event, utilizing external vendors and internal staff as required
• Create and maintain live media and events video budgets in conjunction with the Variety and Variety Content Studio Executive Producers
• Participate in sales and marketing meetings to confirm deliverables, timelines and offer creative problem-solving and cost saving solutions
• Willing to travel across the United States and abroad to execute events video production
• Vet, hire, and manage contractors for branded or sponsored projects
• Work with video team to create a streamlined workflows for editorial content when relevant to a live event
• Collaborates on graphic need for events
• Oversee post-production, organization and distribution of post-event recap sizzles, editorial deliverables for Variety.com and Variety O&O channels and any sponsor deliverables
• Be a part of a tight-knit team that is committed to a fair, collaborative and inclusive workplace
• A technical understanding of camera equipment (cameras, lenses, switchers) and working knowledge and experience with current livestreaming protocols and best practices is a must
• When time permits, assist in and sometimes oversee production on Variety’s Sponsored Editorial series
Typical wage range: $90k - $100k. Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits.
PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Variety is the seminal voice in the entertainment industry. After 117 years of award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights, and intelligent analysis of the industry’s most prominent players, Variety is the most trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, aspirants and passionate entertainment enthusiasts, Variety’s multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print, podcasts, branded content, events, and summits.
In May 2019, Variety’s “Actors on Actors” on PBS took home a Daytime Creative Arts Emmy award and has been awarded the Emmy for best entertainment programming at the 67th and 68th Emmy Awards. “Actors on Actors,” an interview special that features pairings of prominent actors discussing their craft, was produced by PBS SoCal in partnership with Variety Media, LLC. Follow Variety on Facebook facebook.com/variety; Twitter, @variety; Instagram, @Variety The Variety Group – Variety, Variety.com, Variety Insight, Indiewire,– is owned by Variety Media, LLC, a division of Penske Media Corporation.
About Penske Media Corporation:
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Artforum, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good https://pmc.com/.