VarietyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/13/2021 7:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Creative Director jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Creative Director postings
Full Time Job
Variety: Creative Director
Based in our West LA headquarters, the Creative Director will lead an award-winning art department to conceptualize and execute the look and feel of the 115-year-old Variety brand, which is the leading voice in entertainment news and analysis.
This position will direct the vision for the weekly print magazine and digital verticals, including all editorial features and packages as well as multiple seasonal editions published throughout the year.
The Creative Director will lead an art department of designers and photo editors and work collaboratively with the team and with editors and department heads to develop original design concepts and execute award winning original photography. We are seeking an experienced manager and a proven thought-leader in design, magazine structure and storytelling. Strong conceptual thinking and hands-on design skills are necessary. The Creative Director reports to the Editor-In-Chief, and daily collaboration is expected on all areas brand development.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to talk through editorial ideas in a lively, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
• Accomplished print art director and designer with strong attention to detail and love of cutting edge typography, design, illustration and photography
• Nurture and develop an internal team of award-winning designers, art directors and photo editors
• Have a strong network of industry connections with illustrators, designers and photographers
• Works closely to implement designs across all brand verticals, including print, web and video
• Manages budget and allocate spending for freelance, illustrations and photography
• Deep interest in entertainment and the business of entertainment
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
In addition to an updated resume, candidates must submit a link to an online portfolio or 5 work samples via PDF in order to be considered for the position.
Now celebrating its 115th year anniversary, Variety is the seminal voice of the entertainment industry. Featuring award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights and intelligent analysis of the industry's most prominent players, Variety is the trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, Variety's multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print and branded content, events and summits.