VarietyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Variety: Copywriter, Marketing
The iconic entertainment business news media company, Variety, is hiring a copywriter in its marketing department. The marketing department oversees the development of all sales programs and collateral, the promotion of all sales programs, the live and virtual events business, the custom content division (VCS) and all PR and communications for the brand.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Marketing Copywriter we are seeking must be highly-creative, possess superb writing skills, work quickly with a positive spirit and be able to collaborate across multiple teams.
• Writing compelling copy for the following types of mediums/projects:
• Advertising copy across print, digital, social,
• Promotional emails inviting the Variety audience to register for virtual events
• Summit Ticket sales promotion
• Private invitations to Variety's exclusive private events
• Product descriptions
• Sales decks
• Proof-reading all advertising and promotional materials including sales decks
• Collaborate with the Creative Director, Brand Marketing team and CMO on large and small-scale projects
• 3 years prior experience as a brand copywriter
• Knowledge of digital content strategy and creation
• Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Strong team player
Now celebrating its 115th year anniversary, Variety is the seminal voice of the entertainment industry. Featuring award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights and intelligent analysis of the industry's most prominent players, Variety is the trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, Variety's multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print and branded content, events and summits.