Variety Content Studio: Branded Content Editor-Writer
VarietyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/17/2021 3:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Variety Content Studio: Branded Content Editor-Writer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Variety Content Studio: Branded Content Editor-Writer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Variety Content Studio: Branded Content Editor-Writer?
Full Time Job
Variety Content Studio – Branded Content Editor-Writer
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Variety Content Studio is looking for a highly creative, collaborative, detail-oriented, self-motivated editor-writer to conceive and execute compelling branded content. Our team is a tight-knit group of highly experienced journalists, designers, directors, writers and producers, all focused on conveying a brand's story to our global audience of influential and affluent entertainment industry professionals and enthusiasts. We enjoy supporting each other and helping each other acquire new skills. We believe in providing excellent service to our clients and maintaining a healthy work-life balance, whether we are working remotely or in the office.
The Branded Content Editor-Writer we seek is a skilled writer and editor, a clear communicator, a cheerful collaborator and an organized multi-tasker who is comfortable working with our sales, marketing, events, and editorial teams.
You are the right candidate if you:
• Pride yourself on writing clear, powerful prose and eye-grabbing headlines.
• Are organized and can manage numerous projects simultaneously.
• Can work autonomously yet thrive on collaboration - both with the Variety team and with clients.
• Are a problem-solver: You can zero in on the client's problem (even if they haven't identified it themselves) and conceive a content strategy to solve it.
• Anticipate production problems and head them off before they happen or have a solution ready.
• Love assembling, joining and/or leading creative teams.
• Are confident in your taste and your vision but adaptable to feedback.
• Are passionate about always trying to make your project better - and then top it with the next project.
• Have a great eye for page design, web design and video storytelling.
• Have a competitive streak and hate being beaten by the competition. You want your team to land all the business, make all the money and win all the awards.
• Line-edit articles to exacting standards, making sure that every article is clear, factual and compelling. (Microsoft Word)
• Copy-edit (AP style) for spelling, grammar and readability.
• Rewrite articles if needed.
• Edit pages, including writing headlines and photo captions (Adobe InCopy).
• Juggle multiple projects at various stages of completion under deadline pressure.
• Write social media copy and ''native driver'' ad copy to pre-defined specs.
• Collaborate on brainstorming/ideation/strategizing to solve clients' problems and deliver on their objectives/KPIs
• Copywriting: Write pitches for a wide range of offerings, from ''For Your Consideration'' print advertorial aimed at entertainment industry readers to consumer-oriented social media influencer to TV series and longform video.
• Assist marketing team with pitch decks.
• Supervise production of written material from start to finish.
• Assign articles from our pool of freelancers, ''casting'' the right writer for the assignment.
• Write articles when needed.
• Use cloud-based platforms (OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.) to collaborate internally and externally.
• Oversee and collaborate with page designers, artists, illustrators and photographers.
• Chime in on creative for all kinds of content, including notes on video
• Work closely with editorial, social and design teams to create and execute sold content.
The Fine Print:
• College degree is not required.
• 5 years of experience in digital media or magazine publishing.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Previous experience in entertainment trades preferred but not required.
• Must have basic knowledge of AP style
• Must have print editing experience well as digital.
• Video production, photography and/or Photoshop skills a plus
About Variety Content Studio:
Variety Content Studio is the branded content arm of the ''entertainment bible,'' Variety. Launched in January 2017, we create original storytelling for brands, functioning as a digital marketing agency, production company and distributor. We bring Variety's best-in-class standards for coverage of the entertainment industry and unparalleled knowledge of the artforms and businesses we cover to our custom content campaigns. We deliver compelling, relevant stories for brand partners distributed across Variety's global digital and social platforms, providing a sophisticated, cinematic approach to storytelling that appeals to affluent influencers.
This past year, the Variety Content Studio has produced engaging custom content for top brands including Amazon Studios, Netflix, NBC, ABC, FX, Spotify, Salesforce, ESPN , PwC and many more. Uniquely, we collaborate with every part of Variety: Editorial (newsroom); web; features; sales and marketing.