VarietyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Variety is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant for the CEO/Group Publisher as well as the COO/CMO out of Variety’s Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate should be a consummate multi-tasker with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Schedule appointments and maintain calendars
• Schedule and coordinate staff and other internal meetings
• Maintain contact lists
• Make travel arrangements such as booking cars, flights and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
• Handle expense reports
• Greet and assist visitors
• Transcribe meeting notes and distribute to the team
• Anticipate the needs of others to ensure their positive experience
• Assist with research
• 2 years of previous administrative experience supporting multiple executives
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, PPT
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to take on varying responsibilities and adapt to changing situations with minimal notice and guidance
• Team player with a positive can-do attitude
• Self-starter that shows interest in your professional growth and initiative to improve processes and procedures
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Variety is the seminal voice in the entertainment industry. After 117 years of award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights, and intelligent analysis of the industry’s most prominent players, Variety is the most trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, aspirants and passionate entertainment enthusiasts, Variety’s multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print, podcasts, branded content, events, and summits.
In May 2019, Variety’s ''Actors on Actors'' on PBS took home a Daytime Creative Arts Emmy award and has been awarded the Emmy for best entertainment programming at the 67th and 68th Emmy Awards. “Actors on Actors,” an interview special that features pairings of prominent actors discussing their craft, was produced by PBS SoCal in partnership with Variety Media, LLC. Follow Variety on Facebook facebook.com/variety; Twitter, @variety; Instagram, @Variety The Variety Group – Variety, Variety.com, Variety Insight, Indiewire,– is owned by Variety Media, LLC, a division of Penske Media Corporation.
About Penske Media Corporation:
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.