Variety Business IntelligenceLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Variety Business Intelligence: Sales Coordinator
We are seeking a coordinator who is passionate about entertainment and who wants to learn about business development. The position is ideal for someone interested in developing a career in entertainment sales, marketing and Big Data.
Variety Business Intelligence is looking for a dynamic sales coordinator to support its sales and marketing efforts. Previous sales experience isn't required, but the ideal applicant will have prior work experience at a talent & literary agency, network, studio or production company. Our training program teaches you the skills needed to succeed in entertainment!
The Variety Business Intelligence sales coordinator is responsible for entering customer and sales information into the company's CRM platform, Salesforce, coordinating sales agreements between client, sales people and accounting and researching sales leads for the team. Additionally, the position requires light administrative support for the President of the division including expenses, business travel and light phones. The position reports directly to the President of VBI.
• The sales coordinator will occasionally accompany the sales people to client meetings and presentations at the various studios, networks and agencies.
• The candidate must have a high technical aptitude and working knowledge of Internet and software applications, including Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel and Outlook.
• The ideal candidate must be able to manage his or her own tasks and deadlines and have excellent organizational skills.
• He or she must be comfortable working with customers within all areas of the entertainment industry in person or via phone/email.
• An excellent phone rapport and manner are required.
• The position requires excellent written and verbal skills and a very high attention to detail.
• A long term interest in marketing and sales is encouraged but not required.
About Variety Business Intelligence:
Variety Business Intelligence oversees an entire suite of industry data and workflow tools including Variety Insight, Variety500, Vscore, Variety411, Variety Archives and Variety Premier. The division works with 650 of the leading brands in entertainment and operates out of the Variety/PMC building on Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles. VBI's parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today's fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.