VP, Business and Legal Affairs
Valence MediaBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
VP, Business and Legal Affairs (Film)
Position Title: VP., Film Business and Legal Affairs | MRC STUDIOS
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
What you'll do:
• Serve as business and legal affairs executive across the development, production, post production, delivery and distribution of MRC's film projects (including the review, negotiation and drafting of agreements necessary to develop, produce and license MRC's film projects). In coordination with colleague(s), oversee all aspects of production legal affairs on MRC's film projects.
Your experience and skills:
• The successful candidate will have at five (5) to ten (10) years of business and legal affairs experience in feature films, with direct experience drafting all forms of agreements related to the development and the production of a motion picture. Experience providing in-house support and/or firm experience required.
The successful candidates will also possess the following:
• Clear, concise communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment, even when the rules are unclear and the issues are of first impression.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• A strong sense of urgency and the ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities.
• Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
Valence Media is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.