Vice President Film Business and Legal Affairs
Valence MediaLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/19/2021 4:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Vice President Film Business and Legal Affairs jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Vice President Film Business and Legal Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President Film Business and Legal Affairs? Vice President Film Business and Legal Affairs (MRC Film & Non-fiction)
Position Title: Vice President Film Business and Legal Affairs (MRC Film & Non-fiction)
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
MRC Film and Non-fiction is looking for a business and legal affairs executive across the development, production, post-production, delivery and distribution of MRC's film and non-fiction projects (including without limitation the review, negotiation and drafting of agreements necessary to develop, produce and license MRC's projects). In coordination with colleagues, oversee all aspects of production legal affairs on MRC's film and non-fiction projects.
What you'll do:
• Negotiate business deals for film/non-fiction projects.
• Draft or review/comment on agreements and other documents.
• Oversee production legal on such projects.
• Prepare internal documents related to tracking and updating the status of various aspects of the business and legal affairs process.
• Other miscellaneous business and legal affairs support.
Your experience and skills:
• The successful candidate will have 4-10 years of business and legal affairs experience in feature films, with direct experience drafting all forms of agreements related to the development and the production of a motion picture. Experience providing in-house support and/or firm experience required.
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
• Clear, concise communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• A strong sense of urgency and the ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities.
• Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Live & Alternative and Non-Fiction as well as joint ventures in data and publishing.
MRC Television is the largest and most award-winning independent TV studio in North America with a current slate that includes: ''Ozark'' on Netflix; ''The Great'' on Hulu; the upcoming Amazon series ''The Terminal List'' starring Chris Pratt; for Apple TV : ''The Shrink Next Door'' starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd and ''Shining Girls'' starring Elisabeth Moss.
MRC Live & Alternative is one of the largest global producers of live televised event programming,. Tentpole live event series through its dick clark productions include the ''Golden Globe Awards,'' ''Academy of Country Music Awards,'' the ''American Music Awards,'' the ''Billboard Music Awards,'' ''Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest,'' ''Streamy Awards,'' and 16-time Emmy Award-winning series ''So You Think You Can Dance.''
MRC Film is known for championing singular filmmakers and emerging directors to make high-quality distinctive films. Projects include one of the highest grossing original comedies of all-time, ''Ted,'' the Oscar and Golden Globe nominated ''Knives Out,'' written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Johnson and Ram Bergman, starring an ensemble cast including Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas and Jamie Lee Curtis, the Oscar nominated ''Baby Driver,'' Oscar winning ''Babel,'' and the comedy ''The Lovebirds,'' directed by Michael Showalter and starring Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae, currently on Netflix.
MRC Non-Fiction works with a diverse group of artists to develop, finance and produce feature documentaries and docuseries for global audiences. Projects includes: Edgar Wright's debut documentary feature ''Sparks Brothers'' about the legendary American rock/ pop duo, which premiered at Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Focus Features; ''The Last Rider,'' which chronicles the story of cyclist Greg LeMond, from acclaimed director Alex Holmes; and the ''Untitled Sly Stone'' project, which follows the story of groundbreaking artist Sly Stone, from director Ahmir ''Questlove'' Thompson.
MRC and PMC have formed a publishing joint venture and a strategic content partnership with brands The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Billboard, Rolling Stone, Vibe and Music Business Worldwide. MRC and PMC's data venture brings together MRC Data, Alpha Data and Variety Business Intelligence. MRC owns a majority stake in Civic Center Media, A-Major Media and has minority investments in A24, Fulwell 73, Sugar23 and T-Street.
For more information on MRC Entertainment™ please visit: www.mrcentertainment.com. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.