SVP, TV Business & Legal Affairs
Valence MediaBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
MRC has an immediate opening for a Senior Vice President of Television Business and Legal Affairs. This position will report to the President of Television Business and Legal Affairs and is comprised of approximately 75% business affairs and 25% legal affairs.
As SVP, Television Business and Legal Affairs, you will be a key team leader responsible for handling all business and legal matters surrounding the production of multiple scripted television shows. This position requires a team player and business minded lawyer who possesses good common sense and judgment, strong interpersonal skills and a desire to thrive in a growing business environment. This position requires being highly skilled in negotiating, highly skilled in handling a wide range of legal issues and having a strong experience in drafting entertainment related agreements.
• Structure, negotiate and draft a high volume of scripted development and production agreements including license agreements, producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, rights agreements, production services agreements, talent/test option agreements, underlying rights deals, and overall/ first look deals.
• Formulate and communicate business strategies with respect to various scripted television development and production matters.
• Oversee and manage day-to-day production, working with a broad range of in-house and out-of-house personnel (e.g., creative, production, finance, other attorneys, etc.).
• Advise these departments in connection with business and legal matters.
• 7 years prior experience at an entertainment law firm and/or major media studio/ entertainment company with substantial experience in scripted television development and production.
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of negotiating and documenting entertainment scripted transactions with an ability to operate independently.
• Solid working knowledge of guild and union issues and various entertainment industry customs and practices.
• Must have a cooperative, positive, team-oriented approach.
• Ability to develop highly effective and productive working relationships with other company executives.
• JD degree.
• Admission to the California State Bar.
*PLEASE NOTE: ONLY CANDIDATES WITH EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN SCRIPTED TELEVISION (ONE HOUR DRAMA) WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
No Phone Calls; No agencies, please.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.
Valence Media is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law