Senior Vice President, Production Finance
Valence MediaLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/15/2021 7:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for Senior Vice President, Production Finance jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Vice President, Production Finance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Vice President, Production Finance? Position: SVP Production Finance -Film & Non-Fiction
Location: Los Angeles, CA
MRC Film is looking for an senior level production finance/accounting executive to for our film division. This seasoned individual will have 10 years of finance in film or scripted TV.
What you'll do:
• Manage show set-up of all new productions: payroll, production accounting systems, bank accounts, scenechronize and CASHet purchasing cards.
• Ensure production finance policies and procedures are current and effectively implemented on our productions.
• Manage the cash flow and funding processes.
• Oversee prep accounting for new shows; responsible for all matters prior to accountant staffing, and supervise post accounting once the post-production accountant has finished.
• Review production budgets, cost reports, trial balances and petty cash reconciliations prepared by line producers and show accountants.
• Work with Executives and Production Accountants in overseeing the entire post process including records management, show turnover post-production accounting
• Work with show accountants to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Work with physical production, post-production, business affairs/legal and creative in a collaborative environment
• Ensure that insurance claim costs are accurate and adequately supported by schedules, invoices and payroll documents.
• Potential travel to production locations where our shows are filming to audit, review workflows, and evaluate the organizational abilities and effectiveness of accounting staff.
• Help manage incentive audits and various Guild audits (SAG-AFTRA, WGA, DGA, IA, MPI).
• Coordinate, review and supervise preparation and sign-off of financial statements and tax returns related for various film jurisdictions
• Manage various ad hoc projects.
Your Experience and Qualifications:
• Candidates must have 10 years in production finance and production accounting in film or television is required.
• College degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
• CPA a plus.
• Broad understanding of production incentives.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, possess excellent organization skills and able to multitask
• Solid understanding of payroll process, union labor agreements and tax requirements.
• Moderate skill level with Movie Magic Budgeting
• Strong MS Office skills required, with an emphasis on Excel; Smart Accounting and PSL accounting systems.
• Solution-focused and problem solver
• Ability to understand and articulate issues using creative, production or financial context.
• Ability to prioritize and respond effectively in fast paced environment, across shows in various points of production
• Strong understanding of production, budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
• Even-tempered, grace under pressure, discrete, high level judgment in absence of data
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with internal/external partners
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with businesses spanning film, television, media and data. Leading independent studios MRC Film and MRC Television source, finance, develop and produce critically acclaimed and award-winning content alongside some of the industry's foremost creative artists. The studios' projects include Oscar® and Golden Globe® nominated ''Knives Out,'' ''The Lovebirds,'' as well as past films including ''Ted,'' ''Babel'' and ''Elysium,'' Emmy® Award-winning television series including ''Ozark,'' ''The Outsider,'' ''The Great,'' and the groundbreaking series ''House of Cards.'' MRC Media & Info reaches more than 36 million people a month and garners more than 2 billion annual online video views, and includes the entertainment industry's flagship media brand The Hollywood Reporter, the world's most influential music media brand, Billboard and Vibe, the leading entertainment brand for a global multicultural audience. MRC Non-Fiction finances and produces feature documentaries and docuseries for global audiences and current projects include a documentary from director Edgar Wright on The Sparks and ''Last Rider,'' based on the unbelievable story of cyclist Greg LeMond. dick clark productions, part of MRC Live & Alternative, is the largest producer and proprietor of television live-event programming broadcasts, including the ''Golden Globe Awards,'' ''Billboard Music Awards,'' ''American Music Awards,'' ''Academy of Country Music Awards,'' ''Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest,'' ''Streamy Awards,'' and 16-time Emmy® Award-winning competition series ''So You Think You Can Dance.'' MRC Data was established recently with the acquisition of Nielsen Music's data and insights product suite. MRC has a majority stake in A-Major Media and minority investments in A24, Fulwell73, Sugar23 and T-Street.
No Phone Calls. No agencies please.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.
MRC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.