Senior Vice President, Development
Valence MediaLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/23/2021 5:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Search for Senior Vice President, Development jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Vice President, Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Vice President, Development? Senior Vice President, Development (Unscripted TV)
Position: Senior Vice President, Development (Unscripted TV)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Who we are:
dick clark productions (''dcp''), a diverse entertainment company and producer of a wide range of television programming, including awards shows, specials, and reality series, is seeking a highly qualified Senior Vice President, Development. This position reports to the President and will be based in Beverly Hills. dcp is a division of MRC Entertainment, a diversified and integrated media company with divisions in premium television, wide release film, specialty film, live entertainment and non-fiction.
What you'll do:
The Senior Vice President, Development is responsible for the generation of innovative new live specials and unscripted series for dcp.
• Create and develop internal ideas for specials and unscripted programming
• Take pitches for specials and unscripted programming and evaluate strength in relation to company mandate
• Manage projects in development
• Attach as appropriate writers, directors, showrunners, producers to projects to enhance prospective sales to networks and distribution platforms
• Lead strategy and execution of pitch process to distribution platforms
• Stay current on developing trends at networks, AVOD and SVOD platforms and identify relevant programming opportunities
• Manage a development team
• Manage a team/crew in a live production capacity
• Manage talent and creative in a live production capacity on newly developed shows
• Build and maintain relationships among artist reps and managers, music & tv executives, publicists, producers, production crew
Your Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 10-15 years' overall work experience with significant experience working at a network or studio in development of unscripted/alternative programming.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in live television development
• Prior production experience and working understanding of live, documentary, scripted and reality television
• Significant experience working at a network or studio in development
• Demonstrated knowledge of the non-scripted series production process.
• Strong existing relationships with production companies, agents, producers, etc.
• Demonstrated creative and story development skills.
• Highly collaborative and the ability to work well with others
• Self-motivated to develop new ideas.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
• Ability to multitask and manage complex projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Live & Alternative and Non-Fiction as well as joint ventures in data and publishing.
MRC Television is the largest and most award-winning independent TV studio in North America with a current slate that includes: ''Ozark'' on Netflix; ''The Great'' on Hulu; the upcoming Amazon series ''The Terminal List'' starring Chris Pratt; for Apple TV : ''The Shrink Next Door'' starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd and ''Shining Girls'' starring Elisabeth Moss.
MRC Live & Alternative is one of the largest global producers of live televised event programming,. Tentpole live event series through its dick clark productions include the ''Golden Globe Awards,'' ''Academy of Country Music Awards,'' the ''American Music Awards,'' the ''Billboard Music Awards,'' ''Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest,'' ''Streamy Awards,'' and 16-time Emmy Award-winning series ''So You Think You Can Dance.''
MRC Film is known for championing singular filmmakers and emerging directors to make high-quality distinctive films. Projects include one of the highest grossing original comedies of all-time, ''Ted,'' the Oscar and Golden Globe nominated ''Knives Out,'' written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Johnson and Ram Bergman, starring an ensemble cast including Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas and Jamie Lee Curtis, the Oscar nominated ''Baby Driver,'' Oscar winning ''Babel,'' and the comedy ''The Lovebirds,'' directed by Michael Showalter and starring Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae, currently on Netflix.
MRC Non-Fiction works with a diverse group of artists to develop, finance and produce feature documentaries and docuseries for global audiences. Projects includes: Edgar Wright's debut documentary feature ''Sparks Brothers'' about the legendary American rock/ pop duo, which premiered at Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Focus Features; ''The Last Rider,'' which chronicles the story of cyclist Greg LeMond, from acclaimed director Alex Holmes; and the ''Untitled Sly Stone'' project, which follows the story of groundbreaking artist Sly Stone, from director Ahmir ''Questlove'' Thompson.
MRC and PMC have formed a publishing joint venture and a strategic content partnership with brands The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Billboard, Rolling Stone, Vibe and Music Business Worldwide. MRC and PMC's data venture brings together MRC Data, Alpha Data and Variety Business Intelligence. MRC owns a majority stake in Civic Center Media, A-Major Media and has minority investments in A24, Fulwell 73, Sugar23 and T-Street.
For more information on MRC Entertainment™ please visit: www.mrcentertainment.com. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.