Valence MediaBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Based in Beverly Hills, the Payroll Director is a Leader and an integral part of the MRC Entertainment Accounting team, reporting directly to the VP, Accounting. MRC Entertainment is a highly cross-functional organization, and the Payroll Director will work with colleagues across all functional areas and divisions, learning the business inside-and-out. The primary responsibilities include the management and execution of Payroll and support of analysis and projects related to compensation. A successful candidate has considerable experience in Payroll, has worked with payroll service providers (like ADP), prioritizes and manages multiple tasks at once, has a strong desire to learn, and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Direct, manage and oversee the day-to-day payroll operations.
• Resolve payroll operations issues and manage through process improvement. Ensure payroll operations are consistent with all up to date best practices.
• Process bi-weekly payroll for MRC Entertainment and divisions.
• Ensure all areas of payroll remain in compliance with Federal, State, local regulations and company policies and procedures, while improving performance, operational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Address any audit questions related to Workers Compensation, Tax, Financial Statements.
• Serve as the primary contact for payroll operations, payroll accounting, payroll tax filing reporting and escalated payroll issues.
• Collaborate with the Human Resources department as required.
• Responsible for payroll accounting and reconciliations of the biweekly and monthly payrolls to ensure controls are maintained and stable.
• Maintain and make sure in compliance with filing timely quarterly and annual state and federal tax returns and annual W-2 forms.
• Prepare and provide payroll reports as required.
• Prepare for and assist with the annual financial statement audit and month end close as it relates to payroll expense and corresponding liabilities.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
• Minimum of 10 years of payroll experience required
• Previous supervisory experience
• Must have experience working with ADP
• Excellent understanding of best practices governing Payroll
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Bachelor's degree
• Advanced excel skills, ability to create reports and to clearly summarize data.
• Intellectual curiosity, strong desire to learn, and a passion for media, entertainment, and technology
• Detail oriented with very good organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and manage evolving deadlines
• Strong problem-solving skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. Solution oriented and results driven
• Strong work ethic, high sense of urgency, and ability to excel at detail-oriented tasks while maintaining a high-level view.
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and benefits
• MRC Entertainment places great emphasis on creating a safe, inclusive, and diverse work environment
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with businesses spanning film, television, media and data. Leading independent studios MRC Film and MRC Television source, finance, develop and produce critically acclaimed and award-winning content alongside some of the industry's foremost creative artists. The studios' projects include Oscar® and Golden Globe® nominated ''Knives Out,'' ''The Lovebirds,'' as well as past films including ''Ted,'' ''Babel'' and ''Elysium,'' Emmy® Award-winning television series including ''Ozark,'' ''The Outsider,'' ''The Great,'' and the groundbreaking series ''House of Cards.'' MRC Media & Info reaches more than 36 million people a month and garners more than 2 billion annual online video views, and includes the entertainment industry's flagship media brand The Hollywood Reporter, the world's most influential music media brand, Billboard and Vibe, the leading entertainment brand for a global multicultural audience. MRC Non-Fiction finances and produces feature documentaries and docuseries for global audiences and current projects include a documentary from director Edgar Wright on The Sparks and ''Last Rider,'' based on the unbelievable story of cyclist Greg LeMond. dick clark productions, part of MRC Live & Alternative, is the largest producer and proprietor of television live-event programming broadcasts, including the ''Golden Globe Awards,'' ''Billboard Music Awards,'' ''American Music Awards,'' ''Academy of Country Music Awards,'' ''Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest,'' ''Streamy Awards,'' and 16-time Emmy® Award-winning competition series ''So You Think You Can Dance.'' MRC Data was established recently with the acquisition of Nielsen Music's data and insights product suite. MRC has a majority stake in A-Major Media and minority investments in A24, Fulwell73, Sugar23 and T-Street.