Valence MediaBeverly Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/13/2021 10:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for Payroll Director jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Payroll Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Payroll Director? Job Opportunity
Based in Beverly Hills, the Payroll Director is a Leader and an integral part of the MRC Entertainment Accounting team, reporting directly to the VP, Accounting. MRC Entertainment is a highly cross-functional organization, and the Payroll Director will work with colleagues across all functional areas and divisions, learning the business inside-and-out. The primary responsibilities include the management and execution of Payroll and support of analysis and projects related to compensation. A successful candidate has considerable experience in Payroll, has worked with payroll service providers (like ADP), prioritizes and manages multiple tasks at once, has a strong desire to learn, and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Direct, manage and oversee the day-to-day payroll operations.
• Resolve payroll operations issues and manage through process improvement. Ensure payroll operations are consistent with all up to date best practices.
• Process bi-weekly payroll for MRC Entertainment and divisions.
• Ensure all areas of payroll remain in compliance with Federal, State, local regulations and company policies and procedures, while improving performance, operational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Address any audit questions related to Workers Compensation, Tax, Financial Statements.
• Serve as the primary contact for payroll operations, payroll accounting, payroll tax filing reporting and escalated payroll issues.
• Collaborate with the Human Resources department as required.
• Responsible for payroll accounting and reconciliations of the biweekly and monthly payrolls to ensure controls are maintained and stable.
• Maintain and make sure in compliance with filing timely quarterly and annual state and federal tax returns and annual W-2 forms.
• Prepare and provide payroll reports as required.
• Prepare for and assist with the annual financial statement audit and month end close as it relates to payroll expense and corresponding liabilities.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
• Minimum of 10 years of payroll experience required
• Previous supervisory experience
• Must have experience working with ADP
• Excellent understanding of best practices governing Payroll
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Bachelor's degree
• Advanced excel skills, ability to create reports and to clearly summarize data.
• Intellectual curiosity, strong desire to learn, and a passion for media, entertainment, and technology
• Detail oriented with very good organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and manage evolving deadlines
• Strong problem-solving skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. Solution oriented and results driven
• Strong work ethic, high sense of urgency, and ability to excel at detail-oriented tasks while maintaining a high-level view.
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and benefits
• MRC Entertainment places great emphasis on creating a safe, inclusive, and diverse work environment This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.