Executive Assistant To General Counsel
Valence MediaBeverly Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/15/2021 1:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Executive Assistant To General Counsel jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Executive Assistant To General Counsel postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Assistant To General Counsel? Who We Are:
Media Rights Capital (MRC) is a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Non-Fiction, and Live & Alternative, as well as joint ventures in data and publishing. This position reports to General Counsel and will be based in Beverly Hills.
What You'll Do:
The Executive Assistant to General Counsel, will directly support General Counsel across all corporate, external, and internal communications across MRC's dynamic portfolio of film, television, non-fiction, live & alternative, and its partnerships and investments.
A successful candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, and possesses an ability to work independently, with a drive to collaborate with other key stakeholders across a variety of projects and divisions, in a fast-paced environment. An ideal candidate will have some experience in a legal setting, by means of professional experience or education.
• Provide executive level administrative support for General Counsel
• Manage the calendar of General Counsel, including all scheduling of appointments and meetings, with internal and external business partners
• Note-taking and memo writing, as well as tracking action items on behalf of General Counsel
• Update, manage, and provide meeting documents and materials as needed
• Keep General Counsel organized and on-schedule with meetings
• Manage phones for General Counsel
• Responsible for updating status reports as needed
• Fulfill ad hoc requests such as detailed note taking, research, and editing documents
• Book and coordinate General Counsel travel, and manage expenses
• Serve as the administrative liaison between General Counsel and various key stakeholders
• Develop a rapport and sustain a level of professionalism among all staff and clientele
Your experience, skills, and attributes:
• 2 years Executive Assistant experience managing heavy phones and scheduling
• 1-2 years of experience in the legal field, in either a professional or education capacity
• Relevant agency, studio, or production company experience is ideal
• Must have an interest in the business and legal side of entertainment (vs Creative Development)
• Must be detail oriented
• Must be comfortable in a high-pressure work environment
• Bachelor's Degree
• Law related degree or relevant education is ideal
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Live & Alternative and Non-Fiction as well as joint ventures in data and publishing.
MRC Television is the largest and most award-winning independent TV studio in North America with a current slate that includes ''Ozark'' on Netflix, ''The Great'' on Hulu, the upcoming Amazon series ''The Terminal List'' starring Chris Pratt and for Apple TV ''The Shrink Next Door'' starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd and ''Shining Girls'' starring Elisabeth Moss.
MRC Live & Alternative is one of the largest global producers of live televised event programming,. Tentpole live event series through its dick clark productions include the ''Golden Globe Awards,'' ''Academy of Country Music Awards,'' the ''American Music Awards,'' the ''Billboard Music Awards,'' ''Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest,'' ''Streamy Awards,'' and 16-time Emmy Award-winning series ''So You Think You Can Dance.''
MRC Film is known for championing singular filmmakers and emerging directors to make high-quality distinctive films. Projects include one of the highest grossing original comedies of all-time, ''Ted,'' the Oscar and Golden Globe nominated ''Knives Out,'' written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Johnson and Ram Bergman, starring an ensemble cast including Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas and Jamie Lee Curtis, the Oscar nominated ''Baby Driver,'' Oscar winning ''Babel,'' and the comedy ''The Lovebirds,'' directed by Michael Showalter and starring Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae, currently on Netflix.
MRC Non-Fiction works with a diverse group of artists to develop, finance and produce feature documentaries and docuseries for global audiences. Projects includes; Edgar Wright's debut documentary feature ''Sparks Brothers'' about the legendary American rock/ pop duo, which premiered at Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Focus Features; as well as ''The Last Rider,'' which chronicles the story of cyclist Greg LeMond, from acclaimed director Alex Holmes.
MRC and PMC have formed a publishing joint venture and a strategic content partnership with brands The Hollywood Reporter, Variety,Billboard, Rolling Stone, Vibe and Music Business Worldwide. MRC and PMC's data venture brings together MRC Data, Alpha Data and Variety Business Intelligence. MRC owns a majority stake in Civic Center Media, A-Major Media and has minority investments in A24, Fulwell 73, Sugar23 and T-Street. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.