Estimator, TV Production Finance
Valence MediaLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/27/2021 9:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Estimator, TV Production Finance jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Estimator, TV Production Finance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Estimator, TV Production Finance? Estimator, TV Production Finance (Live Action/Episodic)
Position: Estimator, TV Production Finance (Live Action/Episodic)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
MRC Television is looking for an Estimator with deep budget experience in Live Action/Episodic television. This position will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of production budgets and templates for all scripted television projects. Ideally this person will work out of our Beverly Hills office but we are open to remote from other locations.
• Create, review, and update all preliminary/template production budgets for scripted television projects.
• Create, develop and maintain generic budget templates reflecting recent production activity in various cities both domestic and foreign.
• Keep abreast of current and changing industry trends, evolving technologies, production incentives and changes in crew capacity and infrastructure support in the main worldwide production centers.
• Analyze recent cost trends using historical production data.
• Stay informed and track all incentives/tax credits guidelines/regulations for both domestic and international.
• Knowledge and understanding of all unions (SAG, WGA, DGA, IA) and stay informed of all union/guild contracts including rates and regulations.
• Engage and confirm with payroll services (Entertainment Partners) on industry practice on positions and agreement terms.
• Update budget comparison analyses of current and past budgets and cost activities.
• Assist with various ad hoc projects.
• Engage with Production, Post Production, Corporate Finance and Business Affairs.
• Report to SVP, Production Finance in all matters related to external productions.
Your Experience and Qualifications:
• Candidates must have 5 years in production finance and production accounting in scripted television.
• Expert skill level of Movie Magic Budgeting.
• Strong understanding and knowledge of production, budgeting, and scheduling.
• Broad understanding of production incentives (state and international).
• Strong analytical and interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, possess excellent organization skills and able to multitask.
• Solid understanding of payroll process, union labor agreements and tax requirements.
• Strong MS Office skills required, with an emphasis on Excel.
• Solution focused.
• Ability to understand and articulate issues using creative, production or financial context.
• Ability to prioritize and respond effectively in fast paced environment.
• Excellent organizational and On-set problem solving ability.
• Even-tempered, grace under pressure, discrete, high level judgement in absence of data.
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with internal/external partners.
• Sound judgement and the experience, confidence and stature to effectively address issues and manage the activities for multiple projects/budgets/scenarios.
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with businesses spanning film, television, media and data. Leading independent studios MRC Film and MRC Television source, finance, develop and produce critically acclaimed and award-winning content alongside some of the industry's foremost creative artists. The studios' projects include Oscar® and Golden Globe® nominated ''Knives Out,'' ''The Lovebirds,'' as well as past films including ''Ted,'' ''Babel'' and ''Elysium,'' Emmy® Award-winning television series including ''Ozark,'' ''The Outsider,'' ''The Great,'' and the groundbreaking series ''House of Cards.'' MRC Media & Info reaches more than 36 million people a month and garners more than 2 billion annual online video views, and includes the entertainment industry's flagship media brand The Hollywood Reporter, the world's most influential music media brand, Billboard and Vibe, the leading entertainment brand for a global multicultural audience. MRC Non-Fiction finances and produces feature documentaries and docuseries for global audiences and current projects include a documentary from director Edgar Wright on The Sparks and ''Last Rider,'' based on the unbelievable story of cyclist Greg LeMond. dick clark productions, part of MRC Live & Alternative, is the largest producer and proprietor of television live-event programming broadcasts, including the ''Golden Globe Awards,'' ''Billboard Music Awards,'' ''American Music Awards,'' ''Academy of Country Music Awards,'' ''Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest,'' ''Streamy Awards,'' and 16-time Emmy® Award-winning competition series ''So You Think You Can Dance.'' MRC Data was established recently with the acquisition of Nielsen Music's data and insights product suite. MRC has a majority stake in A-Major Media and minority investments in A24, Fulwell73, Sugar23 and T-Street.
No Phone Calls. No agencies please.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.
MRC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.