Director Of Project Analysis, Finance
Valence MediaBeverly Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/23/2021 5:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for Director Of Project Analysis, Finance jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Director Of Project Analysis, Finance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Of Project Analysis, Finance? Director Of Project Analysis, Finance and Operations - TV
Who we are:
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Live & Alternative and Non-Fiction as well as joint ventures in data and publishing. This position reports to the Executive Vice President, Finance and Business Operations.
What You'll Do:
The Director of Project Analysis, Finance and Operations - TV role is an integral part of the Content Analysis, Business Operations, and Finance teams. MRC is a highly cross-functional organization, and the Director will work with colleagues across all functional areas, learning the business inside-and-out. This is an opportunity to be part of analyzing big strategic industry shifts, greenlighting TV projects, assisting in the short-term and long-term strategies, and more. The primary responsibilities include building and maintaining the TV models, underwriting and performing project and content analysis on prospective TV series, and helping to support strategic and financial divisional initiatives. The successful candidate has strong analytical skills, prioritizes and manages multiple tasks at once, has a strong desire to learn, and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Underwrite/Greenlight television projects and conduct other project-related research
• Build and maintain television and corporate operating and forecasting models for cash, GAAP, capital, and tax planning; leverage learnings and critical thinking skills to identify changes to improve accuracy and efficiency
• Support strategic divisional initiatives by helping to develop business plans and financial models
• Develop and manage a robust and sustainable process for maintaining key internal databases including budgets, performance, deal terms, international sales, and TV slate yield/conversion analyses
• Perform various financial analyses and industry related research, tracking and compiling industry trends and competitive analyses, to inform senior management strategic decision making
• Assist in monthly reporting responsibilities for the corporate credit facility and with liquidity forecasts
• Prepare and oversee Quarterly Business Reviews, Annual Operating Plans, and Long-Range Plans
• Creation of business plans, post-mortem and other ad hoc presentations • Tracking and analysis of development timelines and budgets
Your Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum 8-10 years experience in investment banking, consulting, or other highly analytical role. Entertainment experience preferred
• Advanced financial/operational modeling and PowerPoint presentation skills with demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis
• Strong level of communication and interpersonal skills
• Intellectual curiosity, strong desire to learn, and a passion for media, entertainment, and technology
• Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and manage evolving deadlines
• Strong independent problem-solving skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
• Inclusive colleague with demonstrated experience operating within a diverse team.
Bachelor's Degree (preferably in the finance, business, entertainment or related fields)
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Live & Alternative and Non-Fiction as well as joint ventures in data and publishing.
MRC Television is the largest and most award-winning independent TV studio in North America with a current slate that includes ''Ozark'' on Netflix, ''The Great'' on Hulu, the upcoming Amazon series ''The Terminal List'' starring Chris Pratt and for Apple TV ''The Shrink Next Door'' starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd and ''Shining Girls'' starring Elisabeth Moss.
MRC Live & Alternative is one of the largest global producers of live televised event programming,.
Tentpole live event series through its dick clark productions include the ''Golden Globe Awards,'' ''Academy of Country Music Awards,'' the ''American Music Awards,'' the ''Billboard Music Awards,'' ''Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest,'' ''Streamy Awards,'' and 16-time Emmy Awardwinning series ''So You Think You Can Dance.''
MRC Film is known for championing singular filmmakers and emerging directors to make high-quality distinctive films. Projects include one of the highest grossing original comedies of all-time, ''Ted,'' the Oscar and Golden Globe nominated ''Knives Out,'' written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Johnson and Ram Bergman, starring an ensemble cast including Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas and Jamie Lee Curtis, the Oscar nominated ''Baby Driver,'' Oscar winning ''Babel,'' and the comedy ''The Lovebirds,'' directed by Michael Showalter and starring Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae, currently on Netflix.
MRC Non-Fiction works with a diverse group of artists to develop, finance and produce feature documentaries and docuseries for global audiences. Projects includes; Edgar Wright's debut documentary feature ''Sparks Brothers'' about the legendary American rock/ pop duo, which premiered at Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Focus Features; as well as ''The Last Rider,'' which chronicles the story of cyclist Greg LeMond, from acclaimed director Alex Holmes.
MRC and PMC have formed a publishing joint venture and a strategic content partnership with brands
The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Billboard, Rolling Stone, Vibe and Music Business Worldwide. MRC and PMC's data venture brings together MRC Data, Alpha Data and Variety Business Intelligence. MRC owns a majority stake in Civic Center Media, A-Major Media and has minority investments in A24, Fulwell 73, Sugar23 and T-Street. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.