Director, Data Analytics
Valence MediaBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
*ONLY CANDIDATES WITH EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN TABLEAU WILL BE CONSIDERED
This position is responsible for data collection, reporting and analysis of the digital properties, products, platforms and programs associated with Valence Media (including Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, SPIN, VIBE, MRC, DCP and more). In this key role, this person will develop and manage reporting and present data-driven insights that impact all levels of these legendary entertainment brands.
Candidates should have experience with multiple analytics systems, and experience interfacing with vendors and development teams that implement and manage those systems.
This position will produce regular reporting and dashboards tracking audience and the performance of other digital platforms, plus ad hoc analyses/special projects that support corporate, editorial and sales teams.
This is a dynamic role. The right candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, write and communicate clearly and anticipate data-based questions from internal and external clients. As one of the company's data evangelists, he or she will be responsible for introducing and educating internal teams to new projects, processes and trends. This person will have an aptitude for learning new software, new systems and keeping up with emerging forms of digital audience measurement on web, mobile, social and cross-platform.
This person will manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment. He or she will support research and development of internal product, sales and integrated marketing teams.
Role will report to the VP Data Analytics and be based in Beverly Hills
• A BS / MS degree in related field.
• 7 years of experience in data warehouse / data lake/ Business Intelligence / Analytics space
• SQL / query language skills with large-scale data sets.
• Ability to analyze large data sets, manipulate data, and make data driven recommendations.
• Experience with administration of Tableau and
• Create strategy and vision of reporting platforms and analytics solutions and help implement it
• Ability to tell a story to executives based on the data
• Highly familiar with database, data warehouse and ETL concepts, with the ability to translate between business users and engineers.
• Experience with the following technologies is desired: AWS, Tableau, Looker or other OLAP cube/data visualization, Oracle database, Adobe Marketing Cloud (Omniture), Google Analytics, ExactTart/Salesforce (or similar ESP)
• Experience coordinating and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong understanding of E-Commerce and online sales attribution methodologies.
• Excellent organizational, technical writing, oral and interpersonal communication skills, and keen attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Ability to prioritize and handle multiple initiatives / tasks in parallel as well as changing priorities
• Ability to mentor and manage an analytics team