Videographer / Editor
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
Full Time Job
The Utah Jazz are looking for a Videographer/Editor to join our amazing creative team. The right person for this position must be able to capture captivating content and tell concise, visually pleasing stories, be able to shoot with various cameras, and then turn the footage into a quality edited piece. In this role, you will have to have a good eye, take direction, be open to notes, and be very versatile. You'll be able to combine your passion for sports with video production. Please apply through the external link.
*Please attach a demo reel or website of your previous work with the application*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Shoot and capture video surrounding the Utah Jazz other departments
• Edit captured video ranging from short-form to long-form
• Organize shoots when needed
• Organize, set up, and breakdown equipment when needed
• Collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment
• Out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver
• Embrace a culture of diversity and inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued and heard
• Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to operate modern 4k Cameras and audio equipment
• Understanding of proper lighting, color correction, audio correction
• Understand frame rates and codecs
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (Premiere Pro, Audition)
• Motion Graphics (Adobe After Effects, Blender, C4D) experience is a plus
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum of 2-3 years of demonstrated professional experience working in a fast-paced production environment
• Interest in basketball or NBA is preferred
• Flexibility in schedule to accommodate production hours (nights and weekends)
• Knowledge of modern cameras and technology is a must
• Video editing experience is a must
• Be hands-on and proactive
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.