Paid Intern - Copywriter
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
Part Time Paid Internship
The Utah Jazz NBA basketball team is looking for a part-time copywriter/editor intern. Our in-house creative team is composed of brand design, graphic design, videography, editing, motion graphics, social content strategy and execution, game presentation, and more. We are the stewards of building the Jazz brand and creating a sharp and focused voice in this next chapter of the storied brand. We are looking for a copywriter/editor intern who can consistently deliver sound brand thinking, vision, and meaningful creative content alongside our Senior Writer. This paid internship will start in November 2021 and finish at the end of the NBA regular season (could continue into the playoffs). Maximum of 25 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Thoroughly revise and edit copy for all mediums by providing proper grammar, spellchecking and writing conventions
• Work with the creative leadership team to maintain the voice of the brand.
• Create meaningful and effective campaigns for all mediums: print, digital, video, experience, etc.
• Write strategic and meaningful headlines, scripts and copy with a keen awareness of our audience.
• Create strategic presentations to sell innovative ideas and move forward key brand initiatives.
• Identify gaps in current assets, and suggest alternatives
• Manage your projects through to delivery
• Engage with the full creative team to share research & new ideas
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Degree in or pursuing currently in writing, marketing, advertising, journalism, or English
• Highest quality conceptual writing and storytelling skills
• Strategic thinking and ability to develop, drive and sell ideas
• Successful experiences building and innovating brand experiences
• Be open to creative feedback
• Detail oriented, and capable of executing quickly under tight deadlines
• Comfortable multi-tasking and pushing multiple projects forward simultaneously
• Availability to work nights & weekends based on game schedule
• Knowledge of basketball and the NBA is a plus
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
*All full-time and part-employees of (Company) are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*