Marketing & Social Media Manager
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 10/3/2022 9:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Marketing & Social Media Manager jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all Marketing & Social Media Manager postings
Full Time Job
The Marketing & Social Media Manager is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of marketing and promotional initiatives for the Salt Lake City Stars, the NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz and Jazz Gaming, a member of the NBA 2K League. This is a full-time, exempt position. The position will assume the primary responsibility for executing marketing objectives, including social media and website content, media, and email trafficking, and assisting sponsorship and ticketing in consumer promotions and fulfillment. This is a great opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment in the professional sports industry.
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons or would conflict with a sincerely held personal belief.*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Utilize consumer and marketplace insights to develop marketing initiatives that drive affinity for the SLC Stars and Jazz Gaming brands and result in increased revenue.
• Direct responsibility for strategy and execution of social media content.
• Management of the team websites including content creation and sponsorship fulfillment.
• Traffic media, and other deliverables on time and on strategy.
• Responsible for execution of email marketing strategy.
• Work with project manager and design team to create persuasive collateral for marketing, ticketing, and sponsorship.
• Maintain consistency of marketing communications across multiple media channels.
• Drive the development and implementation of promotional schedule, including theme nights, consumer promotions, jersey design, etc.
• Manage the NBA G League and NBA 2K League approval process.
• Conduct research mandated by the NBA G League and NBA 2K League and other governing bodies.
• Assist in the development and implementation of the annual marketing and media plan and advertising budget.
• Assist the public/community relations director in strategic planning and execution of community outreach and brand promotion opportunities.
• Support the building of a diverse culture that enriches the lives of our employees, customers, partners, and communities.
• Embrace a culture of inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard.
• Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories.
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests.
• Protect the legal, financial, and moral well-being of the company.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Tech savvy – Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
• Strategic mindset – Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
• Organizational savvy – Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
• Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Demonstrates self-awareness – Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (marketing degree preferred)
• Two years’ work experience in marketing (required)
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, internet, and common social media platforms in order to effectively perform duties
• Word Press and video editing experience preferred
• Must possess creative thinking and attention to detail
• Be a proactive, analytical problem solver
• Able to work both independently and well with others
• Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screening.
• Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends
• Expected to attend all home Stars games (including playoffs) and to cover Stars road games and Jazz Gaming game streams remotely.
• Please be aware that most games are at night and many fall on weekends and may include traditional holidays.
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate, and assess
• The person must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
• This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.