Manager Of Corporate Communications
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 5/22/2023 5:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Manager Of Corporate Communications jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all Manager Of Corporate Communications postings
Full Time Job
The Manager of Corporate Communications is responsible for helping build and execute a variety of internal and external messaging strategies, campaigns, and initiatives that promote and protect the Utah Jazz - an NBA franchise – and ensure key internal and external audiences clearly understand the Utah Jazz's positioning and prominence as an exemplary employer, one of the leading NBA franchises, and an innovative business in the sports world – inspiring greater engagement with the company both on and off the court and in the community. As part of this, the Manager will oversee the content strategy for the company's employee intranet (via Google), fulfill key copywriting and editing responsibilities, and support proactive/reactive business-focused PR efforts. The Manager will also liaise regularly with other members of the company's communications team and support other Utah Jazz responsibilities, as requested and assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in the planning and execution of the department's messaging plans, internal/external communications strategies, and day-to-day media relations
• Draft and edit a variety of communications for internal and external use to include, but not limited to, press releases, media advisories, employee memos, byline articles, media prep documents, and newsletters
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with members of the local media. Proactively pitch stories about business and corporate aspects of the Jazz to generate earned media coverage; reactively respond to local media inquiries
• Regularly communicate with other departments to identify potential news or story ideas; help develop resulting pitch ideas or articles, as needed
• Help plan and execute press conferences, media availabilities, and virtual gatherings for internal and external audiences from an operational, programming, and messaging standpoint; provide prep documents whenever necessary or as requested
• Attend promotional activities related to the business side of the Jazz such as corporate events and community gatherings to support related media queries, filmings, interview requests, or photo opportunities
• Create and contribute to reports on press activities, media coverage, journalist feedback, and other topics
• Interface with the NBA communications team whenever requested or required
• Collaborate with other departments and executives to support their communications needs
• Work closely with People & Culture and IT to manage and continuously improve the company's intranet (via Google Sites)
• Protect the reputation of the company
• Exemplify Utah Jazz values
• Accept other duties, as assigned
• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related degree
• Minimum of three years of experience in communications or public relations
• High level of passion for communications, storytelling, collaboration, and team building
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills; ability to produce a wide range of excellently crafted, creative, and compelling materials and content (i.e. scripts, presentations, press releases, speeches, etc.); proven skills in copywriting, copyediting, and proofreading
• Experience working with a broad spectrum of communication vehicles including those on the Google platform
• Strong project management and interpersonal skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Proactive, conceptual, strategic, and creative thinker, stimulated by challenges and open-minded with a strong desire to learn
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with discretion and diplomacy
• Must have intermediate knowledge in using social media platforms to communicate PR messages and liaise with the media
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
• Must work well in a team environment
• Able to work a flexible schedule when required, including evenings and weekends
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.