Junior Videographer / Editor
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
Full Time Job
The Utah Jazz are looking for a Junior Video Editor to join our amazing creative team. This position will primarily focus on editing short form and long form pieces for the Utah Jazz and other departments within the Smith Entertainment Group. This position will also assist on video shoots and productions as needed. The right person for this position must be able to capture captivating content and tell concise and visually pleasing stories, be able to shoot with various cameras, and then turn the footage into a quality edited piece. Should be able to see a project from concept to completion, and bring new ideas to the creative voice of the team. In this role, you will have to have a good eye, take direction, be open to notes, and be very versatile. You'll be able to combine your passion for sports with video production. This position is a full time junior position. Please attach a demo reel or website of your previous work with the application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Capture & edit high end videos surrounding the Utah Jazz basketball team and other departments including corporate partnership, ticketing, Utah Jazz subsidiaries, and more.
• Capture & edit video ranging from interviews, commercials and short-form to long-form pieces.
• Bring new ideas and life into the portrayal of basketball in the visual medium.
• Assist directors, mid-level, and senior editors, creators, and designers.
• Aid on productions ranging from director to production assistant.
• Organize shoots when needed.
• Organize, set up, and breakdown film/photo equipment when needed.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment.
• Out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver.
• Be a student. Be a teacher. Be a leader.
• Support the building of a diverse culture that enriches the lives of our employees, customers, partners and communities.
• Embrace a culture of inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued and heard.
• Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories.
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests.
• Protect the legal, financial, and moral well-being of the company.
• Ability to prepare necessary materials in the pre-production process such as moodboards, storyboards, reference and inspiration guides, and more that is focused on the post-production process (such as effects, presets, looks, and more).
• Take on the role of Director where applicable.
• Assist on set and other productions as needed.
• Post Process
• Color Correction (experience in Lumetri Scopes a must, experience in Da Vinci Resolve a bonus).
• Knowledge of conversion and style LUTs.
• Knowledge of Essential Sounds and Essential Graphics (such as mogrts).
• Ability to sound mix and sound design.
• Experience with Dynamic Link in the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Camera & Equipment
• Experience with various 4K cameras and audio equipment is a plus.
• Experience with camera stabilizers is a plus.
• Experience with lighting, grip, and electric equipment is a plus.
• Understand frame rates, codecs, resolutions, and other technical specifications of cameras and video outputs.
• Understand different delivery mediums and specs (such as social media, TV, and more).
• Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (such as Premiere Pro, Audition, After Effects).
• Basic motion graphics experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
• Experience and comfortability using Apple products and macOS.
• 4 Year Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of demonstrated professional experience working in a fast-paced production environment.
• Interest in basketball or NBA is preferred.
• Flexibility in schedule (such as nights, weekends and holidays).
• Solo run-and-gun operation experience preferred.
• Experience editing quick turnaround projects.
• Be hands-on and proactive.
• Passion for the creative and filming processes.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• On set production experience is a plus.
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both in writing and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.