Intern - Videographer
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Utah Jazz are looking for a Videographer/Editor intern to join our amazing creative team. This position will primarily cover shooting video, but will also need to edit projects, both on Jazz subsidiary projects and commercial projects. The right person for this position must be able to capture captivating content and tell concise, visually pleasing stories, be able to shoot with
various cameras, and then turn the footage into a quality edited piece. This position will also be aiding as necessary the junior, mid-level, and senior editors, creators, and designers within the team. In this role, you will have to have a good eye, take direction, be open to notes, and be very versatile. You’ll be able to combine your passion for sports with video production. This position is a part time intern position, expected to work 30 hours a week.
Please attach a demo reel or website of your previous work with the application.
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Shoot and capture video surrounding the Utah Jazz subsidiaries and assist in projects for other departments.
• Edit captured video ranging from short-form to long-form pieces.
• Assist junior, mid-level, and senior editors, creators, and designers.
• Aid on productions as a production assistant.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment.
• Out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver.
• Be a student. Be a teacher. Be a leader.
• Support the building of a diverse culture that enriches the lives of our employees, customers, partners and communities.
• Embrace a culture of inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued and heard.
• Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories.
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests.
• Protect the legal, financial, and moral well-being of the company.
• Play for more.
• Ability to prepare necessary materials in the pre-production process such as
moodboards, storyboards, reference and inspiration guides, and more.
• Comfortability in lighting a scene with basic techniques such as 3-point lighting.
• Understanding of shot composition, movement, and other in-camera techniques to enhance the story.
• Being able to give direction and smoothly control solo run-and-gun video shoots.
• Post Process
• Basic color correction (like balancing log footage).
• Basic audio adjustments (experience with Essential Sounds in Premiere Pro).
• Assistant editing and project preparation.
• Camera & Equipment
• Knowledge of Canon mirrorless and cinema cameras and lenses, including EF and RF systems.
• Experience with wireless lavalier and on-camera shotgun microphones.
• Experience with stabilizers is a plus.
• Experience with lighting, grip, and electric equipment is a plus.
• Understand frame rates, codecs, and other technical specifications of cameras and video.
• Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (such as Premiere Pro, Audition).
• Motion Graphics (such as Adobe After Effects, Blender, C4D) experience is a plus.
• Experience and comfortability using Apple products and macOS.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 0-1 years of demonstrated professional experience working in a fast-paced production environment.
• Interest in basketball or NBA is preferred.
• Flexibility in schedule to assist on productions.
• Experience shooting and editing quick turnaround projects.
• Solo run-and-gun operation experience preferred.
• Studio shoot experience preferred.
• Be hands-on and proactive.
• Passion for the creative and filming processes.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Production set experience is a plus.
• Photography skills are a plus.
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both in writing and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.