Intern - Social Media
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2021 1:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Social Media jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all Intern - Social Media postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Are you looking for an internship with content creation and sports? Well, here’s your chance to join a great company! The Utah Jazz are looking for a hard-working Social Media Intern to join an amazing digital team. Utah Jazz Social Media Interns get the rare opportunity to see the inner workings of NBA Digital. The role will edit video and graphics for all Utah Jazz platforms with a focus on social, YouTube, and web content. The opportunity will also focus on being in the rotation for game night edits, so your schedule should be flexible. You must be an expert in Adobe Premiere and proficient in Adobe After Effects as well as very knowledgeable with current popular platforms (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook). Is this you?
* Please attach a demo reel or website of your previous work with the application.*
*All full-time and part-time employees of Vivint Arena are required to be fully vaccinated by October 8, 2021 (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Edit high-quality video content
• Be able to edit game night content for social and digital
• Aid in editing podcasts when needed
• Help the Content Producers with production needs (digital shoots, ideation, quality control)
• Work collaboratively within a team environment
• Fulfill light motion/graphics requests
• Ideate concepts for varied platforms
• See project from pre to post production
• Able to help in many areas of production when needed
• Take notes and execute in an on-time fashion
• Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories.
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests.
• Protect the legal, financial, and moral well-being of the company.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Manages complexity – Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Demonstrates self-awareness – Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
• Instills trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Undergraduate Junior or Senior studying Advertising, English, Journalism,
• Video Production, or a related field OR recent graduate
• GPA 3.0 or higher
• Knowledge of basketball and the NBA is preferred
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Previous internship experience is preferred
• Demo reel is required
• Expert in Adobe Premiere
• Knowledge of Adobe Effects and photoshop preferred
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 30 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.