Intern - Photographer
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 8/16/2022 10:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Photographer jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all Intern - Photographer postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Are you looking for an internship with photography and sports? Well, here’s your chance to join a great company! The Utah Jazz are looking for a hard-working Photography Intern to join an amazing content team. Utah Jazz Photographer Intern gets the rare opportunity to see the inner workings of NBA Digital. The role will focus on shooting photos for sponsorship fulfillments as well as tagging and organizing a variety of photos. The opportunity will also focus on working game nights, so your schedule should be flexible. You must be an expert in Lightroom and have your own photography equipment. Is this you? Please attach your website of your previous work with the application.
• *Please attach a link of your previous work with the application.*
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying personal, medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Fulfill sponsorship photo requirements
• Tagging, sorting and organizing photos
• Be able to shoot game content
• Aid in team store shoots when needed
• Help the lead photographer with production needs (shoots, ideation, quality control)
• Work collaboratively within a team environment
• Fulfill photo editing requests
• Ideate concepts for varied platforms
• Able to help in many areas of production when needed
• Take notes and execute in an on-time fashion
• Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories.
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests.
• Protect the legal, financial, and moral well-being of the company.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Manages complexity – Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Demonstrates self-awareness – Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
• Instills trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Undergraduate Junior or Senior studying Advertising, English, Journalism, Photography, or a related field OR recent graduate
• GPA 3.0 or higher
• Knowledge of basketball and the NBA is preferred
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Previous internship experience is preferred
• Link with previous photo work is required
• Experience in Adobe Lightroom required
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 30 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.