Intern - Membership Sales & Service
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 10/3/2022 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Membership Sales & Service jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all Intern - Membership Sales & Service postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Utah Jazz are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated intern to assist our Membership Sales & Service team. This internship program offers the opportunity to gain valuable skills as you work in the unique and exciting environment of the professional sports and entertainment industry. You will learn aspects of sports and event management, client hospitality, ticket sales strategies, service strategies and more. This internship begins in October and runs through the end of the 2022/23 season.
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons or would conflict with a sincerely held personal belief.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with Membership Sales & Service team in the planning and execution of events/tickets including fan experiences on game days.
• Assist where needed at events and Utah Jazz game nights.
• Organizing /Updating season ticket member information.
• Fulfilling promotional sales orders and associated giveaways.
• Typical game night shift would range from early afternoon to post-game.
• Certain times may require work on non-game nights as needed.
• COVID-19 vaccination required for employment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communication.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel.
• Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Enthusiastic about working in a sports-related field.
• Self-starter who is also comfortable with learning and collaborating in a dynamic team environment.
• Primary work locations will be the Jazz team offices located at the Zions Bank Basketball Campus and at Vivint Arena.
• Physical requirements of the job may include lifting approximately 30 pounds.
• Work schedule will vary and will include office hours as well as staffing events and home games on evenings, weekends, or holidays.
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and rough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
• Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• The person must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.