Intern - Marketing
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 9/1/2022 4:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Marketing jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all Intern - Marketing postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Utah Jazz are looking for motivated students or recent graduates to join our marketing team for the 2022-23 season. This is a part-time position working 20-30 hours per week from September 2022 to June 2023. Interns will work on a variety of projects throughout the season. This internship will provide you with hands on experience in sports marketing and help you develop marketable job skills as you pursue a career in sports marketing.
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying personal, medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in the planning and execution of marketing initiatives that drive revenue, engage fans and develop new fans
• Provide marketing support for internal departments and help them achieve their overarching business goals
• Support the marketing and automation specialist in writing, editing, and building email marketing communications
• Work with the brand creative team to create persuasive collateral for marketing, ticketing, corporate partnerships, team store, game presentation, community relations and public relations
• Maintain consistency of marketing communications across multiple media channels and traffic deliverables on time and on strategy
• Manage and fulfill internal and external print projects
• Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
• Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
• Other duties as assigned
• Collaborates – building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Customer focus – building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Decision quality – making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Action oriented – taking on new opportunities and rough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Manages complexity – Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Interpersonal savvy – Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
• Creative thinker – Thinks out of the box to develop creative and innovative solutions.
• Currently studying or recently graduated in marketing or related field
• Available to work 20-30 hours a week including some nights and weekends
• Previous marketing experience (preferred)
• Previous experience with email automation (preferred)
• Positive attitude and team oriented
• Willingness to learn
• Excellent follow-through skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
• Outgoing, friendly personality
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.