Intern - Graphic Design
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Utah Jazz are looking for a Graphic Design Intern to join the their creative team for the 22/23 season. Working under the direction of the Design Director and Art Director, this position will be responsible for creating both digital and print-based graphics for the Jazz and their properties. Our ideal candidate is technically sound, passionate, hard-working and detail-oriented, and is knowledgeable in the latest trends and practices in graphic design. Each candidate must provide a design portfolio for review.
*APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED*
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist designers with daily tasks creating digital and print-based graphics for the Utah Jazz and their properties
• Continue to develop graphic design skills
• Provide general administration assistance and support
• Work collaboratively in a team environment
• Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
• Be a good teammate, contribute positively to a winning culture, and be respectful
• Demonstrate world-class customer service. and if you don’t directly interact with the customer, support those who do
• Protect the legal, financial and moral well-being of the company
• Exemplify the Utah Jazz brand principles
• Be a student, be a teacher, be a leader
• Other duties as assigned
• Undergraduate Junior or Senior studying Graphic Design or a related field
• GPA 3.0 or higher
• Web portfolio demonstrating strong skills in graphic design, branding, layout design, typography, photo editing, and print with attention to detail
• Speed and proficiency with current Adobe Creative Suite on MacOS
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work well on quick turnarounds and short deadlines
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
• Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and rough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
• Must be able to communicate and express yourself both written and verbally
• Must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess
• Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. The employee shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.