Intern - Data Analytics Ticketing
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 7/6/2022 4:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Data Analytics Ticketing jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all Intern - Data Analytics Ticketing postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Data Analytics Intern will play an important role in supporting ticketing strategy and operations for the Utah Jazz during the 2022-23 season (July/August 2022-May 2023). They will assist in various aspects of data collection, analysis, and reporting to help identify opportunities for revenue growth. They will have the opportunity to learn about sales and marketing practices, and gain exposure to multiple analytics and data software platforms. The right candidate will communicate well with stakeholders across multiple teams, be a strong problem-solver, a quick-learner, and will have experience working with large datasets. This role will be 100% in-office.
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist revenue analysts with the day-to-day operations related to ticket pricing, inventory management, sales, and marketing.
• Provide support in the execution and measurement of various sales campaigns.
• Analyze ticketing and customer data to find opportunities for increasing revenue and engagement.
• Present insights and data-driven recommendations to key stakeholders via data visualization tools.
• Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
• Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
• Other duties as assigned
• Business Insight – Learns business processes related to ticketing to assist in implementing strategies needed to reach business goals.
• Collaborates – Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
• Instills trust – Develop working relationships where others can trust they’ll do the right thing.
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in statistics, math, economics, finance, computer science, or another related field.
• Experience with data analytics tools, such as SQL/Python/R.
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Domo a plus.
• Analytically minded with excellent attention to detail
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate, and assess.
• This person must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.