Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 10/12/2023 10:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Executive Assistant jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all Executive Assistant postings
Full Time Job
The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the day-to-day functions and assists in fulfilling the operational and administrative tasks of the Senior Vice Presidents of Client & Employee Success, Marketing, and Business Development. The ideal candidate will be process-oriented, pay close attention to detail, have analytical thinking skills, be able to manage multiple projects concurrently, and have strong interpersonal and communications skills. This is an in-office position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, schedule, and assist with department meetings, events, and trainings
• Attend key meetings with the Senior Vice Presidents to record meeting notes, identify action items, and follow up to ensure action items are completed
• Plan department events for employees, helping to cultivate a positive team culture
• Run interference for requests coming into the Senior Vice Presidents and handle them accordingly, helping to effectively manage their busy and often complex schedules
• Manage calendars and assist staff in securing time for internal and external meetings
• Assist in managing email and other communications channels, including drafting and/or editing emails on an as needed basis
• Develop and maintain productive and cohesive relationships with internal departments and other Smith Entertainment Group entities
• Help manage and track department expenses
• Embrace a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
• Other duties as assigned
• Communicates effectively -- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Interpersonal savvy -- Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
• Organizational savvy -- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
• Decision quality -- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Manages complexity -- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Action oriented -- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Manages and maintains confidential information – Within this role you will be privy to conversations and decisions that may be sensitive to an employee or things not yet publicly available. This role requires that those things be kept within its intended communication group/channel.
• Multiple years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Office Manager, or other administrative heavy role preferred
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
• Comfortable and proficient in talking to employees, clients, and professionals both on the phone and in person
• Friendly and professional demeanor; exceptional customer service skills -- both verbal and written
• Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality
• Demonstrable skills in using computer, internet, printers, copiers, and scanners
• Ability to learn new processes, software, and systems quickly
• Ability to operate in a team as well as independently without direct supervision – proactive, helpful, self-starter
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills to reach firm and executive's goals
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs
• PowerPoint proficiency preferred
• Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
• Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.