Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 5/22/2023 5:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Executive Assistant jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all Executive Assistant postings
Full Time Job
The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the day-to-day functions and assists in fulfilling the operations and administrative tasks of the Executive team. The ideal candidate will be process-oriented, pay close attention to detail, have analytical thinking skills, be able to manage multiple projects concurrently, and have strong communications skills. Additionally, this role will require the ability and drive to learn internal and external business processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and the Chief Communications Officer
• Schedule and arrange department meetings and trainings
• Attend meetings for both CCOs as required, following up with any action items and/or providing meeting notes
• Plan department events/outings for employees; help cultivate a positive team culture
• Run interference for requests coming into the CCOs and handle them accordingly
• Manage calendars and assist staff in securing time for client meetings
• Order, track and manage distribution of client gifting items
• Submit expense reports for approval and processing for the CCOs and teams, as assigned
• Develop and maintain productive and cohesive relationships with internal departments and other Smith Entertainment Group entities
• Assist with assigning and sending tickets to internal and external parties
• Draft emails and memos, as requested
• Create media coverage recaps, reports, and presentations for various projects and needs, as assigned, which could include collaborating with other departments such as People & Culture and Marketing to gather information, design materials, and incorporate specific data
• Manage and track expenses as they relate to the Ticketing, Corporate Partnerships, Marketing, PR and Community Relations, and support the reconciliation of credit cards; collect and track necessary receipts for accounting
• Embrace a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
• Other duties as assigned
• Communicates effectively -- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Interpersonal savvy -- Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
• Organizational savvy -- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
• Decision quality -- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Manages complexity -- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Action oriented -- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• 3 years' experience as an Executive Assistant or Office Manager
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration preferred
• Comfortable and proficient in talking to clients and professionals both on the phone and in person
• Friendly and professional demeanor; exceptional customer service skills -- both verbal and written
• Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality
• Demonstrable skills in using computer, internet, printers, copiers, and scanners
• Ability to learn new processes, software, and systems quickly
• Ability to operate in a team as well as independently without direct supervision – proactive, helpful, self-starter
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills to reach firm and executive's goals
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs
• PowerPoint proficiency preferred
• Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
• Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.